• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The new AWB, in all it's glory

2a4all

imported post

I read the list of "prohibited firearms", but I didn't see this one.

moz-screenshot-7.jpg
But it's only a bolt-action! :banghead:

Legba

imported post

Appendix 'A' is a list of exempt weapons, if it's any consolation.

• `(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

• `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;
-ljp

rodbender

imported post

Legba wrote:

• `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;
-ljp
Yes, I figured that one out.

thorvaldr

imported post

Legba wrote:
-ljp
It's not a consolation. Why is this law so stupid? Yeah, I know anti-gunners write stupid laws. But really?

A mini 14 is OK, an SKS is OK if it doesn't have evil features, but an AR is specifically banned. WTF

And why do they need a list of bolt action rifles that are OK at the end of a semi auto ban. How stupid are these people?

And am I reading it wrong or does the ban on magazines bigger than 10 rounds not say they are only banning rifle magazines?

Thundar

imported post

Wow,

Isure am glad I am part of the Virginia Militia. This stupid ban can't apply to me!!:celebrate

Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

• `(A) the manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States (including the United States Armed Forces and, under regulations pursuant to title 50, United States Code, the National Guard and Reserve), or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

Legba

imported post

I hope we can just wait for rep. McCarthy to exhaust herself talking nonsense. At least there's no danger of this getting out of committee in the current session.

-ljp

thorvaldr

imported post

Legba wrote:
I hope we can just wait for rep. McCarthy to exhaust herself talking nonsense. At least there's no danger of this getting out of committee in the current session.

-ljp
I don't think Rep. McCarthy could ever get tired of talking nonsense. But yes, this will definitely sit safely in committee until Jan 20th at least.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

cccook wrote:
So, what should I be doing now to stop this nonsense from being enacted?
Stop voting for the same old same old. Get involved with your local Libertarian Party.
Here in VA Beach the GOP has a breakfast nearly every Saturday morning, and they usually have a speaker from the state or local level and they take questions. I have been to a few and have yet to see any other OCers there. Last weeks the State rep there had voted against resuarant carry. Sure would have been nice to see some fellow gun owners/OCers show up in numbers and grilling him.

opusd2

imported post

Ok, enough is enough. April Fool's Day isn't for a few months. Right now we know this won't happen, the almighty has told us that himself!

Why, if you read into it closely enough it could mean a ban on just about every firearm out there. I know I certainly saw quite a few non-black ones on the list when I thought about it.

Think I need to hide my Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun before it makes the list as a suppressed repeating assault rifle? I know I will melt my slingshot down before I get into too much trouble.

I know I am talking stupid, I'm just getting into the spirit of the language of the proposed ban.