Thread: new Tn requirements ?

Post imported post

Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) Implements
    De Facto Gun Registration Scheme!
    [size=
    ]Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

The Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) is currently sending letters to all firearms instructors requiring them to complete and return a copy of a Handgun Safety School Class Roster within 24 hours of the completion of a handgun permit certification class, “effective immediately.”

This new roster requires a student to provide information concerning the name of the firearm owner, the name of the student using the firearm, as well as the make, model, and serial number of firearms used. Currently, there are no statutes that authorize the TDOS to collect or require this information. Simply put, this is a backdoor, de facto gun registration scheme! Remember, registration is the first step to potential firearms confiscations

i got this from NRA today what they tring to pull?

Post imported post

The issued a press release today saying they were removing the requirements for the make and serial number of the handgun and whether the person using it was the owner or not.

Seems like they caught a LOT of flack over it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

i guess im a day late and a dollar short like i said i just got the email from the NRA about thirty minutes ago thanks friend

Post imported post

No problem. I got a e-mail for the TFA (TN Firearms Association) yesterday. It was a pretty hot topic on another board I'm on. Seems many people contacted the DOS directly or their electes officals and it was dealt with fairly quick.

They said it was the result of an audit and was to try and better verify people actually took the class. This is probably true, but it surely wasn't the best way to go about it!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin