Thread: Sig P220 SAO

Post imported post

I'm looking at my wife getting one of these for me for Christmas. I'm very familiar with the 1911 operating system and prefer a Condition 1 "cocked and locked" carry over just about anything else. I know its a Sig, so it should be rugged and reliable, and very accurate as well. The trigger is supposed to be less than perfect (5 lbs) but is fine for a defensive weapon (which is what it will be used for), but is it really all that bad?

So who's got one? Any problems?What's accuracy like on it? Any other feedback to offer?

Post imported post

Good morning G20-IWB24/7,
    I have a SAO 220 Super Match. Its my main carry piece. It has been very reliable. The grips are a bit larger than a 1911 and I do find I have to pay more attention to my hand placement. I'm not as accurate with this as my Les Baer 1911, but it isn't horrible by a long stretch. You're more than welcome to take it to the range if you'd like.

Post imported post

Wow, thanks! The "match" models are all the longslide 5" barreled guns, right? Is this your main OC gun and/or CC gun. What holster(s) do you use? Due to job/social constraints, I find that I can't OC as much as I'd like. I'm looking at the Carry 3.9" bbl model as a CCW gun when I can, and if I can find a decent OC rig, I'll use it for that, too. Thanks for your help.

Post imported post

Yes, it is the 5". I OC it in a Blackhawk Serpa. I don't think you'd regret a Sig. I like all 3 of mine!

Post imported post

So, I got it. P220R Carry SAO w/Siglites. Carries and handles great! The only part is I'm still a little nervous looking down at my holster and seeing a Sig with the hammer back.....NOT used to that yet.

Post imported post

Congratulations! And don't worry - you'll adapt to that cocked hammer...

Post imported post

Jim675 wrote:
    Congratulations! And don't worry - you'll adapt to that cocked hammer...
    I'm counting on it! Haha!:celebrate

Post imported post

P220R-45-TSS-SAO........................................best 45auto I've ever owned!