Thread: National Empty Holster Day

Post imported post

Some time in March there will be an Empty Holster Day. All are asked to carry empty holsters in the open. CC will be optional.As soon as I hear the exact date I will post it here. This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    ...SNIP
    This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.
    Brady?
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    ...SNIP
    This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.
    Brady?
    No
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Post imported post

When in March? I have a full flap holster that I will use in D.C. heh, heh
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Why not do it everyday?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Because on every other day my holster is full!!!

Michigander wrote:
    Why not do it everyday?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I have been wearing a holster since acquiring my SERPA. Unfortunately it is empty while driving and in Town due to the vagaries of Wisconsin law.

Apropos, I would like a source for drill pieces, preferably in hot pink to appeal to the pointless one, fashioned and weighted to fit and wear properly in a SERPA.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    I have been wearing a holster since acquiring my SERPA. Unfortunately it is empty while driving and in Town due to the vagaries of Wisconsin law.

Apropos, I would like a source for drill pieces, preferably in hot pink to appeal to the pointless one, fashioned and weighted to fit and wear properly in a SERPA.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******
    Is this what you mean by drill piece?

http://www.blueguns.com/

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    Some time in March there will be an Empty Holster Day. All are asked to carry empty holsters in the open. CC will be optional.As soon as I hear the exact date I will post it here. This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.
    I don't get it! Why would I carry an empty holster when I can OC with my gun inserted in holster, at least in my state. I can see in a state where OC is not legal as a great protest.The term national empty holster day doesn’t apply to all andthink a name thatentices all gun owners to OC or carry an empty holster due to law restrictionsor allowance would grab more attention and participation.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    I don't get it! Why would I carry an empty holster when I can OC with my gun inserted in holster, at least in my state. I can see in a state where OC is not legal as a great protest.The term national empty holster day doesn’t apply to all andthink a name thatentices all gun owners to OC or carry an empty holster due to law restrictionsor allowance would grab more attention and participation.
    Ain't it great that Virginia doesn't get in the way of our basic rights.. as in OC'ing?

Question. Living in Arlington, which I did for 24 years, have you ever had a run in with a citizen or an LEO there?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    Ain't it great that Virginia doesn't get in the way of our basic rights.. as in OC'ing?

Question. Living in Arlington, which I did for 24 years, have you ever had a run in with a citizen or an LEO there?
    I'm in Arlington Washington, not Arlington VA. But never have any issue with LOE or ciitizens, I think I was followed home once by local PD after OC at a pizza joint.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Well, seeinag as the only legal carry for me here is CA is unloaded Open Carry, would it count if I put my spare holster on next to my normal one?

Post imported post

I did some quick Googling and found two forums (Maryland and Pennsylvania firearm forums, respectively) that are discussing this "empty holster day"...it's an interesting idea (obviously more-so for those who don't already CC, UOC, or OC).

Theoretically I can UOC in California, but as a full-time Grad' student who is also employed on a college campus, I'm a little restricted. An open holster would be a pointed statement; but ultimately more effective if I'm not the only one on a California campus!

March will be upon us soon, but if the word does get out and there is at least some nation-wide organization of this idea, it could speak volumes - if done smartly (we would need to be ready to discuss, with reason and facts, why "we" are making such a statement).

The reaction from our New Management would be interesting.