• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Empty Holster Day

rodbender

imported post

Some time in March there will be an Empty Holster Day. All are asked to carry empty holsters in the open. CC will be optional.As soon as I hear the exact date I will post it here. This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I have been wearing a holster since acquiring my SERPA. Unfortunately it is empty while driving and in Town due to the vagaries of Wisconsin law.

Apropos, I would like a source for drill pieces, preferably in hot pink to appeal to the pointless one, fashioned and weighted to fit and wear properly in a SERPA.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

thorvaldr

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I have been wearing a holster since acquiring my SERPA. Unfortunately it is empty while driving and in Town due to the vagaries of Wisconsin law.

Apropos, I would like a source for drill pieces, preferably in hot pink to appeal to the pointless one, fashioned and weighted to fit and wear properly in a SERPA.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
Is this what you mean by drill piece?

http://www.blueguns.com/

jbone

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Some time in March there will be an Empty Holster Day. All are asked to carry empty holsters in the open. CC will be optional.As soon as I hear the exact date I will post it here. This is not my idea, it comes from a different organization.

I don't get it! Why would I carry an empty holster when I can OC with my gun inserted in holster, at least in my state. I can see in a state where OC is not legal as a great protest.The term national empty holster day doesn’t apply to all andthink a name thatentices all gun owners to OC or carry an empty holster due to law restrictionsor allowance would grab more attention and participation.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

jbone wrote:
rodbender wrote:

I don't get it! Why would I carry an empty holster when I can OC with my gun inserted in holster, at least in my state. I can see in a state where OC is not legal as a great protest.The term national empty holster day doesn’t apply to all andthink a name thatentices all gun owners to OC or carry an empty holster due to law restrictionsor allowance would grab more attention and participation.
Ain't it great that Virginia doesn't get in the way of our basic rights.. as in OC'ing?

Question. Living in Arlington, which I did for 24 years, have you ever had a run in with a citizen or an LEO there?

jbone

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
jbone wrote:
rodbender wrote:

Ain't it great that Virginia doesn't get in the way of our basic rights.. as in OC'ing?

Question. Living in Arlington, which I did for 24 years, have you ever had a run in with a citizen or an LEO there?
I'm in Arlington Washington, not Arlington VA. But never have any issue with LOE or ciitizens, I think I was followed home once by local PD after OC at a pizza joint.

Decoligny

imported post

Well, seeinag as the only legal carry for me here is CA is unloaded Open Carry, would it count if I put my spare holster on next to my normal one? ;)

JeepinCalifornia

imported post

I did some quick Googling and found two forums (Maryland and Pennsylvania firearm forums, respectively) that are discussing this "empty holster day"...it's an interesting idea (obviously more-so for those who don't already CC, UOC, or OC).

Theoretically I can UOC in California, but as a full-time Grad' student who is also employed on a college campus, I'm a little restricted. An open holster would be a pointed statement; but ultimately more effective if I'm not the only one on a California campus!

March will be upon us soon, but if the word does get out and there is at least some nation-wide organization of this idea, it could speak volumes - if done smartly (we would need to be ready to discuss, with reason and facts, why "we" are making such a statement).

The reaction from our New Management would be interesting.