Thread: First Grader Takes Loaded Gun to School...

Post imported post

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/526353.html

Older brother reported it to bus driver, bus driver takes it... all ends well, but still disturbing...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

How come the father gets arrested when he doesn't even live under the same roof with the 2 boys and their mother? And the older son? Can felons now be arrested and charged simply by having knowledge that some else, with kids,has guns in their home? Did the mother not have knowledge of the gun?

Post imported post

Someone please explain to me the connection between the father and the older brother and how it is THEIR fault and not the mothers? Did I miss something here?
    I aim to misbehave

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

opusd2 wrote:
    Someone please explain to me the connection between the father and the older brother and how it is THEIR fault and not the mothers? Did I miss something here?

Don't let it wrap you around a post too much. Its just the media abandoning once again their social obligation to provide full information.

Correction, ...continuing their long abandonment of...

Here's a very pro-gun guy I enjoy reading who has a special knack for highlighting the media's failings: http://pagenine.typepad.com/

He and his wife run Bloomfield Press. Very pro-liberty. Very pro-gun. Lots of good books available. Page Nine is his blog. Ohhh, is he good.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    opusd2 wrote:
    Don't let it wrap you around a post too much. Its just the media abandoning once again their social obligation to provide full information.

Correction, ...continuing their long abandonment of...
    Correction, ...continuing their long tradition of...
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Correction, ...continuing their long tradition of...
    Certain people need to watch their pebble. Its liable to disappear one of these days.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Oh I don't lose sleep over the bias of the media. Sometimes I like to show a little anger and make it known I don't buy into their crap, but it melts away and I deal with my life and how I want to live it. No news is going to change that.
    I aim to misbehave

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA

Post imported post

In 1st grade I got in trouble for a empty AK mag i took to school for show and tell. And in 2nd for a finger nail clipper. But at the same school in 9th I was allowed to take rifles and pistols to school as long as they where in the locked cabinet tell history class and empty.

I would leave them in the case on the bus and in the first row of seats by the driver or be driven to school and hand them to the History teacher. He checked them then locked them up. I know that stoped 2yrs after that. Catholic schools.

Post imported post

I went to a Catholic grade school until the end of 8th grade, and they were more lenient than the public high school I went after that. I can remember bringing hunting rifles and shotguns so that we could go hunting at our friends' houses after school. Bear in mind this was the late 70's early 80's.
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

Anyone ever on the school rifle team? Yes schools at one time sponsored rifle teams, and competed against each other. The entire team would show up at school with rifles and leave from there to go to the range for practice. In those days no one thought must about it. But then students did not shoot each other in those days.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Post imported post

My school had one. But I was never on it. In retrospect, I should have been. But at that age I was more interesting in shooting cans than competition.

Post imported post

I was on the bowhunting team. At that age in my life I was big into bowhunting and carried it everywhere I went, behind the seat of my truck. And the funny thing is we never had any "Robin Hood" type conflicts where we went berserk and shot at each other. I guess that's the closest I can come to a "Wild West" analogy...
    I aim to misbehave

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Anyone ever on the school rifle team? Yes schools at one time sponsored rifle teams, and competed against each other. The entire team would show up at school with rifles and leave from there to go to the range for practice. In those days no one thought must about it. But then students did not shoot each other in those days.

Regards
    Oh yes. Public high school had a JROTC program and a rifle/pistol range in the second level basement of the school! In fact all eight (8) of the local high schools had teams and ranges - many of the ranges were on the school property - all were indoors.

I sometimes transported my uncased rifle home on the bus. We drilled with M1s on the lawn or within the school proper.

Don't ask how long ago this was :? but there was a "police action" going on around the other side of the world.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    ...SNIP

Oh yes. Public high school had a JROTC program and a rifle/pistol range in the second level basement of the school! In fact all eight (8) of the local high schools had teams and ranges - many of the ranges were on the school property - all were indoors.

I sometimes transported my uncased rifle home on the bus. We drilled with M1s on the lawn or within the school proper.

Don't ask how long ago this was :? but there was a "police action" going on around the other side of the world.

Yata hey
    Depending on WHICH "police action" we are probably of the same generation.

But the M1 is kind of a clue that your police action might be a decade before earlier than the one I am thinking of.
    Regards

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    ...SNIP

Yata hey

But the M1 is kind of a clue that your police action might be a decade before earlier than the one I am thinking of.
    Regards
    Rhymes with pyorrhea and diarrhea and unless I am very mistaken, we are still there.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
    Yes, I was on my High School rifle team as well as the JROTC program. The range was located near the gym in the bottom level and was not detached from the school itself. They also offered gym credit classes called Riflery that you could choose as an elective. Obviously, there were other local High Schools that also had ranges as well. It is my understanding that the range is still in use.

We went to a military range and fired weapons while in JROTC as well as the use of the range on site at the High School.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    ...SNIP

Regards
    Rhymes with pyorrhea and diarrhea and unless I am very mistaken, we are still there.

Yata hey
    Yea, that is what I thought. I am in the next generation after yours.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    SNIP Yea, that is what I thought. I am in the next generation after yours.
    Reminds me of something interesting I came across recently:

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/found.../v1ch2s23.html

And, of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Xkn...eature=related

Post imported post

Being that I am half asleep I am not getting the full meaning of the letter. I promise to do so when my son deicedes to take a naps sometime dayl
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

But it does sound quite meaningful.

What do I know, I just put on SpongeBob Squarepants so I can fall asleep
    I aim to misbehave

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

Wait a minute...

A felon carrying a gun is commiting a felony, Ok, I can understand that. A felon in a house with a gun is commiting a felony? Child endangerment is a MISDEMEANOR?

I'm so glad I moved out of the People's Republik of New Yuck.

My kids will be on the Home School Shooting Team.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

Our value systems are so messed up. You get a larger penalty if you leave your Husky dog out overnight in 40 degree weather with a doghouse that isn't heated than if you left your 3 year old walk outside naked in the same weather.

Don't even get me started on refusal to experiment on lower life forms to save a child.

It's just one more way I believe that politics has found a way to beat Darwin out of a job...
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

M16a2 wrote:
    In 1st grade I got in trouble for a empty AK mag i took to school for show and tell. And in 2nd for a finger nail clipper. But at the same school in 9th I was allowed to take rifles and pistols to school as long as they where in the locked cabinet tell history class and empty.

I would leave them in the case on the bus and in the first row of seats by the driver or be driven to school and hand them to the History teacher. He checked them then locked them up. I know that stoped 2yrs after that. Catholic schools.
    Back in themid 1980s I took a mobile that had one of the weights (the danglies) made ofa powderless case with a spent primer but a bullet seated in it to my middle-school. My ultra-liberal historyteacher flipped out and had to be educated about inert cartridges.

Post imported post

In today's world where a kid gets suspended for drawing a gun, you would have been hauled out by SWAT and locked up for reeducation, I mean psychological evaluation, until reeducat..., I mean the evaluation was complete.:shock:

Post imported post

Gordie wrote:
    In today's world where a kid gets suspended for drawing a gun, you would have been hauled out by SWAT and locked up for reeducation, I mean psychological evaluation, until reeducat..., I mean the evaluation was complete.:shock:
    Too true! Don't forget to re-educate the parents as well. Mine must have been real failures because a college professor called me a "gun-toting right-wing radical" the other day. (It's probably the best compliment I've ever received.)