• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Grader Takes Loaded Gun to School...

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wait a minute...

A felon carrying a gun is commiting a felony, Ok, I can understand that. A felon in a house with a gun is commiting a felony? Child endangerment is a MISDEMEANOR?

I'm so glad I moved out of the People's Republik of New Yuck.

My kids will be on the Home School Shooting Team.

opusd2

imported post

Our value systems are so messed up. You get a larger penalty if you leave your Husky dog out overnight in 40 degree weather with a doghouse that isn't heated than if you left your 3 year old walk outside naked in the same weather.

Don't even get me started on refusal to experiment on lower life forms to save a child.

It's just one more way I believe that politics has found a way to beat Darwin out of a job...

shad0wfax

imported post

M16a2 wrote:
In 1st grade I got in trouble for a empty AK mag i took to school for show and tell. And in 2nd for a finger nail clipper. But at the same school in 9th I was allowed to take rifles and pistols to school as long as they where in the locked cabinet tell history class and empty.

I would leave them in the case on the bus and in the first row of seats by the driver or be driven to school and hand them to the History teacher. He checked them then locked them up. I know that stoped 2yrs after that. Catholic schools.
Back in themid 1980s I took a mobile that had one of the weights (the danglies) made ofa powderless case with a spent primer but a bullet seated in it to my middle-school. My ultra-liberal historyteacher flipped out and had to be educated about inert cartridges.

Gordie

imported post

In today's world where a kid gets suspended for drawing a gun, you would have been hauled out by SWAT and locked up for reeducation, I mean psychological evaluation, until reeducat..., I mean the evaluation was complete.:shock:

shad0wfax

imported post

Gordie wrote:
In today's world where a kid gets suspended for drawing a gun, you would have been hauled out by SWAT and locked up for reeducation, I mean psychological evaluation, until reeducat..., I mean the evaluation was complete.:shock:

Too true! Don't forget to re-educate the parents as well. Mine must have been real failures because a college professor called me a "gun-toting right-wing radical" the other day. (It's probably the best compliment I've ever received.)