Thread: Travelling through

Post imported post

Hi folks. I'll be travelling through Georgia in a couple of weeks and have found that GA doesn't recognize my VA CHP. (What the he!! is wrong with you people :P).

If I understand the laws, OC is legal inside a vehicle. What do i do when/if I get out of the vehicle? Can I hide my gun under the drivers seat or something?

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    Hi folks. I'll be travelling through Georgia in a couple of weeks and have found that GA doesn't recognize my VA CHP. (What the he!! is wrong with you people :P).

If I understand the laws, OC is legal inside a vehicle. What do i do when/if I get out of the vehicle? Can I hide my gun under the drivers seat or something?

you must transport unloaded and separated since you are not eligible for a permit in GA you cant really OC unless you hang it from the rearview. you dont have another license with reciprocity? NH is easy and cheap get then you will be golden here.

Post imported post

Your options are quite limited since GA is not a traditional open carry state and you are not eligible for a GFL. Georgia does not recognize your Virginia license only because Virginia does not recognize Georgia's. GCO, an organization somewhat similar to VCDL, has some law suites but nothing that will help you for your upcoming trip.

Post imported post

Is not"transport unloaded and separated" meanthe same as the Federal reguations regarding firearms?

mdgary

Post imported post

Peacemaker wrote:
    Your options are quite limited since GA is not a traditional open carry state and you are not eligible for a GFL. Georgia does not recognize your Virginia license only because Virginia does not recognize Georgia's. GCO, an organization somewhat similar to VCDL, has some law suites but nothing that will help you for your upcoming trip.
    Please explain what you mean by "Not a traditional open carry state"

Post imported post

We are not a traditional Open carry state because you must have a license to carry Open or concealed. After the Civil War the permitting process was started to disarm black men so they could be oppressed. Here is a great quick read about how it happened

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/wp-c...a-gun-laws.pdf