• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travelling through

buster81

imported post

Hi folks. I'll be travelling through Georgia in a couple of weeks and have found that GA doesn't recognize my VA CHP. (What the he!! is wrong with you people :p).

If I understand the laws, OC is legal inside a vehicle. What do i do when/if I get out of the vehicle? Can I hide my gun under the drivers seat or something?

rmodel65

imported post

buster81 wrote:
Hi folks. I'll be travelling through Georgia in a couple of weeks and have found that GA doesn't recognize my VA CHP. (What the he!! is wrong with you people :p).

If I understand the laws, OC is legal inside a vehicle. What do i do when/if I get out of the vehicle? Can I hide my gun under the drivers seat or something?

you must transport unloaded and separated since you are not eligible for a permit in GA :( you cant really OC unless you hang it from the rearview. you dont have another license with reciprocity? NH is easy and cheap get then you will be golden here.

Peacemaker

imported post

Your options are quite limited since GA is not a traditional open carry state and you are not eligible for a GFL. Georgia does not recognize your Virginia license only because Virginia does not recognize Georgia's. GCO, an organization somewhat similar to VCDL, has some law suites but nothing that will help you for your upcoming trip.

M

mdgary

imported post

Peacemaker wrote:
Your options are quite limited since GA is not a traditional open carry state and you are not eligible for a GFL. Georgia does not recognize your Virginia license only because Virginia does not recognize Georgia's. GCO, an organization somewhat similar to VCDL, has some law suites but nothing that will help you for your upcoming trip.
Please explain what you mean by "Not a traditional open carry state"