• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 or Springfield XD-9?

ghoststan

imported post

i own a glock 27 and 35 and looking foward on buying my next glock will be 19 i had the g21 and g30 before great guns also.. i just like how great guns they are i try different guns and i cant get use to them trigger pull or useless safetys that i dont need and malfuntions with other brands last gun own was a kel-tec pf9 and jam 7 times on 100 rounds compare to my glock 200 rounds no jams i can trust my life on a glock gun..

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

I bought a XD9 about 4-5 months ago and love it. I found it to be more balanced in my hand than the Glock. The trigger is very smooth. I've put close to 500 rounds through it without a single issue. I love it...

ghoststan

imported post

i went 5 days ago to get a glock 19 they didnt have it so i started looking at the new springfield xd m 9mm and i got it took it to the range very acurate no malfuntions works great plus they have a deal is you buy it before the 15 of this month they send you 2 extra mags and mag pouch for free and the best thing is it holds 19 round on mag 1 in chamber..

suntzu

imported post

XD .45 with the hi cap mags. IMO

keep an XD 9mm as a backup

I considered a glock--and may still get one--just to say I have one... but they, like the XD are supposed to be a good gun--but I don't like the fact that the glocks have no external trigger safety....and this, along with poor firearm handling practice is how that federal agent accidentally shot himself--if you have not seen the youtube video--it's really funny in a sad sort of way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I'm not sure of the size comparison of the XD vs the XDM 9mm.

The XD is a full size and the 19 is a compact. I like the trigger of the XD, but don't like the feel of it.

You really have to test both of them out and try them for yourself.

Cameronswmp9

imported post

They are both great guns, I have a G19 and a buddy has a XD9. Shot them both and they both shot great.

I would say that as long as you stay with a good brand name gun, its going to be hard pressed to have much of an issue. With that said, I would shoot both, feel both, and see which one you like best and buy it, then shoot the heck out of it.

ghoststan

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
I'm not sure of the size comparison of the XD vs the XDM 9mm.

The XD is a full size and the 19 is a compact. I like the trigger of the XD, but don't like the feel of it.

You really have to test both of them out and try them for yourself.
go to the springfield web site it tells you the difference and picturers etc

Mississippian

imported post

I originally went to purchase a Glock, but after handling the XD, and the facts that you can tell if it is locked and loaded by just looking or if in low light;feeling, impressed me even more, but what really made the sell is the 'grip'safety.

Now on the size, I cc/oc an XD-9 Service (4"bbl), but they do make an XD Sub-Compact(can't remember bbl length).

I'm not bashing Glock, but my opinion is the Springfield took an excellent design and improved upon it.

ghoststan

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
The later third gen glocks and all future glocks have a loaded chamber indicator, that is tactile and visual. 
Glock haven't said anything about this the new 4th gen glock shown at the shot show don't have them new slide seretions and new grip handle that's it

JDriver1.8t

imported post

If this picture works:

dl_guide.jpg

You can see the indicator just behind where the shells eject. This is flush with the slide when the chamber is empty, and sticks out when chambered.

ghoststan

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
If this picture works:

dl_guide.jpg

You can see the indicator just behind where the shells eject.  This is flush with the slide when the chamber is empty, and sticks out when chambered.
You are right I was talking about like the Springfield one is not the same