• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PDX mayor to regulate sales and carrying during disaster?

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anyone heard anything on this?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/portlandcityhall/

The council also heard about the need to restrict the mayor's powers during a disaster.

Under current city code, the mayor has the authority to restrict the sale and carrying of guns during a disaster.

Unfortunately, that conflicts with state and federal law, according to Patty Rueter, program manager for the office of emergency management.

The council will take final action next week on an ordinance which would retain the mayor's power to regulate explosives and other weapons, but not firearms, during a disaster.

Orygunner

imported post

That's the first I've heard of it... Looks on the surface like they're actually going to change an illegal law without being challenged first?

Or maybe someone did challenge it and they won't admit it :)

...Orygunner...