• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer defends OCer from angry woman

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ninny: "This wouldn't have happened in Massachussetts!"

Store Manager: "Then go back!"

Bwahhahahahahahahahahahaa!!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Some years back a friend of mine who had moved to Nashua told me that welfare was almost unheard of in New Hampshire and as such, those seeking to live off of the efforts of people who work had migrated to Massachusetts where they could partake of "redistribution of the public wealth".

This was told to me maybe 30+ years ago.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Some years back a friend of mine who had moved to Nashua told me that welfare was almost unheard of in New Hampshire and as such, those seeking to live off of the efforts of people who work had migrated to Massachusetts where they could partake of "redistribution of the public wealth".

This was told to me maybe 30+ years ago.
It's still true. It works both ways too. A lot of good, hardworking folks come to NH to be free of high taxes and big government.

Michigander

imported post

I love stories like this, especially from states with some history of police interfering with lawful OC. We have been criticized for being anti police, but we are not. We are anti police harassment, but we good guys are all on the same side.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I love stories like this, especially from states with some history of police interfering with lawful OC. We have been criticized for being anti police, but we are not. We are anti police harassment, but we good guys are all on the same side.
Amen.

I am definitely not anti-police. But I am definitely remember-for-whom-you-work when it comes to any government employee of any kind, anywhere. They work for us and are our employees.. not the other way around.

My take with LEO's is rather simple. They need us (as in the "good guys") just like we need them. It's a two-way street. We can be their best friends or among their worst enemies. It's up to them to keep us on their side.

nitrovic

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Amen.

I am definitely not anti-police. But I am definitely remember-for-whom-you-work when it comes to any government employee of any kind, anywhere. They work for us and are our employees.. not the other way around.

My take with LEO's is rather simple. They need us (as in the "good guys") just like we need them. It's a two-way street. We can be their best friends or among their worst enemies. It's up to them to keep us on their side.

I think that's a fair assessment.

Gunslinger

imported post

Entirely believable. Hooksett is a small town and conservative. They also have one of, if not the best, gun shops in New England--Riley's. Typical Masshole, and good for the store owner. Stupid bitch. Nice to hear of cops with brains for a change, but like I said, not surprising in Hooksett.

smash29

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Entirely believable. Hooksett is a small town and conservative. They also have one of, if not the best, gun shops in New England--Riley's...
My sister lives in Hopkinton, I'll have to check them out next time I'm up.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Wait a second...the cop informed the OC'r about the Free State Project? That's a switch!

I wonder if the Free State Project folks have changed already the hiring requirements for police. Wow,Ama-gi* moves fast! :)

*Forum member who moved from VA tocontribute to the Free State Project.