• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus PT92AF 9mm

poothrowingape

imported post

I have a Pt92 AF. its pretty good. is there anything specific you wanted to know about them?

And yes they are modelled like the berretta except the safety is located on the frame; when they are on the slide on berrettas.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was just wondering if the Taurus model is the same quality of the Berretta.

My boss has a Berretta 92FS. he let me shoot it one day and I was surprised at how accurate I was with it, since I had never handle one before. I have never shot as well with any otherhand gun before. Had a nice 4 inch pattern at 30 ft. (slow fire) with just one round catching the edge of the 9 inch target when I tried a doubole tap.

poothrowingape

imported post

if thats the case then yes. my taurus shoots just like that. I use b-29 silhoette(sp)targets and i usuallyeat a huge hole in the middle of his chest when shooting.

squisher

imported post

Is there any difference between the PT92 AF and the PT92 AR?
I'm guessing very little unless the AF is without the accessory rail (my 92 has it).

I am very satisfied with the quality of my Taurus 92 clone, and it seems to shoot well for me at typical self defense distances. I wish I had sprung for the PT99 though. Same gun but with the adjustable rear sight.

Still, it is a very good handling point and shoot gun for me. It's size gives it very easily managed recoil, as well as good ammunition capacity.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I owned one. It broke irreparably after a fewthousand rounds. Taurus replaced it free (I was the original owner). The replacement model, coming along 20 years later, had all the intervening upgrades.

I'd keep researching it until I was satisfied one way or the other.

Realize that Taurus is a bit of an economy line of products. They are not, as I understand it, a top-tier gun manufacturer.

If the gun you are looking at is an older gun, it might make sense to keep shopping until you find a later manufactured gun.

squisher

imported post

The Taurus Customer Service thread is just that -- customer service.

Very few times that I have had to call customer service, no matter the company; have I been truly pleased with it. It doesn't seem to matter what company it is, calling customer service is a hit or miss.

For the product that I own, I can be considered nothing but satisfied with it's quality.