Thread: Mississippi

Post imported post

I plan on visiting Mississippi in June. I will be carrying under LEOSA credentials. DO any of you have any information concerning visiting LEOs carrying in this manner. I would like to open carry part of the time, but I realize that this particular law governs only concealed carry. Thank you for any insight

y8urp

Post imported post

Don't know if this helps, but this is Mississippi code as it pertains to carrying weapons. Looks like reciprocity comes into play here. I am not a LEO or an attorney.

Mississippi

Mississippi Code of 1972

TITLE 97 CRIMES

CHAPTER 37 WEAPONS AND EXPLOSIVES

ยง 97-37-7. Deadly weapons; persons permitted to carry weapons; bond; permit to carry weapon; grounds for denying application for permit; required weapons training course; reciprocal agreements.

(3) It shall not be a violation of this or any other statute for pistols, firearms or other suitable and appropriate weapons, to be carried by any out-of-state, full-time commissioned law enforcement officer who holds a valid commission card from the appropriate out-of-state law enforcement agency and a photo identification. The provisions of this subsection shall only apply if the state where the out-of-state officer is employed has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the state that allows full-time commissioned law enforcement officers in Mississippi to lawfully carry or possess a weapon in such other states. The Commissioner of Public Safety is authorized to enter into reciprocal agreements with other states to carry out the provisions of this subsection.

Post imported post

Thank you to each response. Just trying to plan a safe and enjoyable honeymoon.