• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri and LEOSA

Lame Wolf

imported post

I plan on visiting Missouri in June. I will be carrying under LEOSA credentials. DO any of you have any information concerning visiting LEOs carrying in this manner. I would like to open carry part of the time, but I realize that this particular law governs only concealed carry. Thank you for any insight

captainamerica

imported post

I have a great friend that lives here in MO and uses the LEO CCW permit to carry. He has had zero issues. Note that MO law allows CCW except in prohibited places or posted places. If you CCW in those places and are spotted they have to ask you to leave first. If you don't leave when law enforcementarrives youwill be ticketed. It escalates from there.

OC is regulated at the local level with nostate preemption protection. Large metro areas with many intertwining city boundaries make it difficult to know when you are or are notwithin the law to OC. And there is no good database on small towns, etc. Where are your MO travels going to be located at?

Lame Wolf

imported post

Probably from Talequah, OK to Branson, Mo to through Arkansas (Rural area Northwest of Little Rock) over to Memphis, Tn

Lame Wolf

imported post

Thank you to each response. Just trying to plan a safe and enjoyable honeymoon.