Thread: Tennessee and LEOSA

Post imported post

I plan on visiting Tennessee in June. I will be carrying under LEOSA credentials. DO any of you have any information concerning visiting LEOs carrying in this manner. I would like to open carry part of the time, but I realize that this particular law governs only concealed carry. Thank you for any insight

Post imported post

To directly answer your question, I don't know.

But if you had a carry permit from any state you could OC with no problem. But if LEOSA only allows CC, then you probably could only legally CC. Just like the rule change about carry in National Parks, it only allows CC even if the park is in a OC state.

But I would also say I don't think you'd have much of a problem except maybe in the major cities. At the very worst you may be told to cover it.

If I can find any more info I'll post it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Thanks. I also have non-resident NH and Fl from before the days of LEOSA. Thinking about a home state SC for purchase without a Brady Call.

Post imported post

Sounds like you are ready to go.

Hope you have a great visit.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Thank you to each response. Just trying to plan a safe and enjoyable honeymoon. BTW, We are traveling to Shelbyville to look at a colt she has in training later in the week then up to the Pall Mall area.