• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm in sort of a pickle about whether I want to be armed...

tsannicolas

imported post

i'm nervous about OC'ing. my sister and my parents give me a hard time about it, but that doesn't bother me as much.

my holster and gun seem to stick out like a sore thumb. it's a brown Galco leather paddle holster, coupled with the fact that i'm a minority, i'm just a little concerned as to what people will think - but generally, I ignore it because self preservation ranks higher than being comfortable with what people's perception of me.

i work at fair oaks mall and can't OC while in my work uniform and i also can't CC because my permit hasn't come in, yet.

i don't want to leave it in my car, but i also don't want to regret leaving it at home. I thought about OC'ing until i can get into the backroom of my store to put it away in my bag, but there are a number of reasons why that isn't a good idea. One, is that my co-workers will be aware of my sidearm and Two, I don't want any of them touching it while i'm on the floor.

what's a guy to do?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

HardChrome wrote:
Once your permit comes in, the few times that you illegally carried concealed will seem insignificant. I know what I would do.
While I don't necessarily disagree with what you said Hardchrome, It shouldn't have been said here.

Armed

imported post

OC isn't going to solve this guy's problem. He's already stated that he does not have a secure area to lock up and leave his pistol at the store, and his employer will not allow him to OC in his work uniform.

I'm afraid he'll have to wait for his CHP and remain discreet.

Xeni

imported post

One of the strong points of this movement is that it's legal. We should always of course advocate legal behavior.

How long do you have till you get your permit? I know the wait sucks but it's more of a reason to OC when/where you can.

Once you get your permit, based on you having to wear a uniform to work you might look at either an IWB deep concealment holster or an ankle holster. The IWB would allow you to switch to OC if/when you desire or the ankle holster could act as your primary while in the mall and your BUG when you get back to your car.

Fairfax isn't too bad for OC. I was in the Springfield area OC'ing without any issues. I'm heading over to Inova Hospital this afternoon and plan on OC'ing also while I take my wife in for a check up.

dyver1

imported post

I was in Fair Oaks this weekend and when I went in I checked the Rules and Regulations Sign posted right beside the door when you enter by Champs.

Not a word on it about No Weapons, so I was very happy to see thatthis mallhas nothing posted. I happened to be CC'ing due to some other stops I had made that day, but in the future I will OC when I am at Fair oaks.

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

tsannicolas

imported post

Xeni wrote:
One of the strong points of this movement is that it's legal. We should always of course advocate legal behavior.

How long do you have till you get your permit? I know the wait sucks but it's more of a reason to OC when/where you can.

Once you get your permit, based on you having to wear a uniform to work you might look at either an IWB deep concealment holster or an ankle holster. The IWB would allow you to switch to OC if/when you desire or the ankle holster could act as your primary while in the mall and your BUG when you get back to your car.

Fairfax isn't too bad for OC. I was in the Springfield area OC'ing without any issues. I'm heading over to Inova Hospital this afternoon and plan on OC'ing also while I take my wife in for a check up.
I paid $50 to the Fairfax Circuit court on December 1st, and they told me it will take all of the 45 days...

and yeah, my uniform is more like black slacks, and a black button down shirt. so i should be fine with a good MTAC IWB holster, which i plan on getting. either that or getting a SOB holster and a different carry gun. maybe a Kahr CW9