• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off-duty cop fends off would-be robbers

AbNo

imported post

Leader wrote:
My question is... Why didn't he follow the advice that the police give EVERYBODY and just give them what they wanted & call 911?

I would imagine he is in trouble with his department for not setting a good example to the public.
:lol:

I STILL think this is funny, and if you REALLY want to look at it in proper light, it's a bash on PD Brass, not the officers.

The higher-ups are usually the ones giving the "just give them what they want" speech, it seems.

Then again, the brass are also the same :cuss:tards that keep refusing to train their officers properly. See: Norfolk

So yes, funny joke, can some of you just laugh and move along.

Nothing to see here. ;)

MEPDtoUSBP

imported post

Leader wrote:
My question is... Why didn't he follow the advice that the police give EVERYBODY and just give them what they wanted & call 911?

I would imagine he is in trouble with his department for not setting a good example to the public.

I am an LEO and I must say that I would have done the same thing as this officer. To question his aim is being too critical. Who knows if the guys were pulling him, grabbing for his weapon, and so forth. And also, in an altercation like this, the adrenaline is so high, your hands would be shaking so much that it would be VERY hard to hit anyone.

As for your comment Leader; you make no sense. If he gives them his wallet, they will see his badge, and more than likely kill him.

Also, law enforcement is not trained to retreat...we are trained to stop the threat. It is our job to catch the bad guys, which is exactly what he was trying to do.

Hendu024

imported post

Hey all, I'm fairly new to the forum and I want to say first of all, thanks for all the good info on this site. It's probably one of the best forums I've come across.

In regards to the incident at the car wash, the off duty cop is my next door neighbor. The shot went off as he was trying to wrestle the gun away from those punk kids. He didn't draw his own weapon, he went after theirs. And they got their a$$ kicked for it too. More power to him.

Tiny85

imported post

MEPDtoUSBP wrote:
Leader wrote:

I am an LEO and I must say that I would have done the same thing as this officer. To question his aim is being too critical. Who knows if the guys were pulling him, grabbing for his weapon, and so forth. And also, in an altercation like this, the adrenaline is so high, your hands would be shaking so much that it would be VERY hard to hit anyone.

As for your comment Leader; you make no sense. If he gives them his wallet, they will see his badge, and more than likely kill him.

Also, law enforcement is not trained to retreat...we are trained to stop the threat. It is our job to catch the bad guys, which is exactly what he was trying to do.

I think you may have read a bit too much into the post. reads to me that he was more commenting on what police tell us to do if were ever in that position but don't do that themselves.

The point is the same we as sheep are trained to just retreat but our born sheepdog instinct is to protect the herd and end the threat.