• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatever happened to LEO 229?

PayMeNow

imported post

When I go back and read old threads he was like the Lone Ranger! I don't always agree, but he put it out there.

Peace out

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PayMeNow wrote:
When I go back and read old threads he was like the Lone Ranger! I don't always agree, but he put it out there.

Peace out
He is on an ultra top secret assignment. :?

Yata hey

Thundar

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
PayMeNow wrote:

Peace out
He is on an ultra top secret assignment. :?

Yata hey
Is he a mole infiltrating the Brady Campaign or is he investigating donut shop anti-trust actions?

I know, I know, if you told me you would have to....

nitrovic

imported post

He got tired of the anti-police remarks of the usual suspects. You can still PM him, he checks it.

Devils Advocate

imported post

DrMark wrote:
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whenever the antics of NitroHankSwatPro229 subside for a bit, the site is better off.

So you do not like alternate points of view?

Ya, it is always better when EVERYONE sings the same tune. Even if we are all off key we will never know since we all think our singing sounds great!

It is not a bad idea to have someone tell us honestly what they think.

If we are all doing and thinking things the same then NONE OF US can be wrong, right?

How dare you nitrovic! How dare you provide alternative ways of seeing things here.

Can't you see that we do not want to see things in any other way than how we want to see them?!

We do not care if they are right or wrong. We have decided that this is OUR decision and stand by it. When you point out the flaws in those decisions you make us all look like fools when you are right.

Thisplace is better off without people like you creating controversy.

SWARM, SWARM, SWARM!!!!!

EDIT: Spelling

Deanimator

imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
DrMark wrote:

Whenever the antics of NitroHankSwatPro229 subside for a bit, the site is better off.

Ya, it is always better when EVERYONE sings the same tune. Even if we are all off key we will never know since we all think our singing sounds great!

If we are all doing and thinking things the same then NONE OF US can be wrong, right?

How dare you nitrovic! How dare you provide alternative ways of seeing things here.

Can't you see that we do not want to see things in any other way than how we want to see them?!

We do not care if they are right or wrong. We have decided that this is OUR decision and stand by it. When you point out the flaws in those decisions you make us all look like fools when you are right.

Thisplace is better off without people like you creating controversy.

SWARM, SWARM, SWARM!!!!!

LEO229 can say what he wants as far as I'm concerned... he just can't say it without contradiction. That seems not to be his cup of tea...

nitrovic

imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
DrMark wrote:

How dare you nitrovic!  How dare you provide alternative ways of seeing things here.

This place is better off without people like you creating controversy.

SWARM, SWARM, SWARM!!!!!

No, they HATE different views. I've already seen them gang up on you as well. Leo229 was informative and actually a very nice guy. He just got sick of it. I don't blame him one bit. The only thing you are supposed to say is "yes, the police are horrible. SS nazi's, pigs, etc." Then you are supposed to make up a "story" in your past that nobody can prove. Of course this "story" has to have a "bad cop" in it. The new tactic is to say you were a police officer, so then the current police officers will believe your views. It ever helps if you throw in how you have sued numerous "other officers" and other internet sites so others will be afraid to disagree with you.

Devils Advocate

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
No, they HATE different views. I've already seen them gang up on you as well. Leo229 was informative and actually a very nice guy. He just got sick of it. I don't blame him one bit. The only thing you are supposed to say is "yes, the police are horrible. SS nazi's, pigs, etc." Then you are supposed to make up a "story" in your past that nobody can prove. Of course this "story" has to have a "bad cop" in it. The new tactic is to say you were a police officer, so then the current police officers will believe your views. It ever helps if you throw in how you have sued numerous "other officers" and other internet sites so others will be afraid to disagree with you.
I guess I stepped on my wee-wee when I expressed any support in your direction.

I am now a troll because I understood what you were saying. This is why I was attacked when I arrived. So many other new members see this type of activity and they fearthey will notbe "accepted" if they are honest.

I came herer because I thought the board was full of gun owners that also liked to carry. But I did not read far enough back to see that people who oppose anything are going to be phucked with big time.

So I am going to start bashing cops and posting stories in hopes to be accepted.

Starting now!

I hate those jack booted thugs that enforce unjust laws created by big government designed only to oppress the people and create a police state!

curtiswr

imported post

There's a difference between telling us what you think and purposefully saying what you know will instigate an argument while at the same time making snide personal remarks.

Why don't internet personalities understand this? Is it because it's the internet? I'm pretty sure that 95% of the people that act like pure jackasses on the internet and write it off as "telling us the other side, what they honestly think, etc..." would probably tell us what they truly think in real life, minus the bull**** petty, passive attacks on whomever they are saying it to.

Devils Advocate

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
There's a difference between telling us what you think and purposefully saying what you know will instigate an argument while at the same time making snide personal remarks.

Why don't internet personalities understand this? Is it because it's the internet? I'm pretty sure that 95% of the people that act like pure jackasses on the internet and write it off as "telling us the other side, what they honestly think, etc..." would probably tell us what they truly think in real life, minus the bull**** petty, passive attacks on whomever they are saying it to.
Completely agree with you!!

The problem is you have no face to face contact so there is no interest in being kind. You have not met the "man" being the text and you probably never will. It is easier to be a jerk than nice.

I have not attacked anyone and have only posted my thoughts for others to take in.

The problem is: How will the other guy take what I say?

Depending on your mood you may read into a line of text as being argumentative or sarcastic. While in real life the tone of voice and expression would clearly indicate the person was being open, honest, candid, and willing to hear any rebuttal.

But here you are quickly sized up by what you say, how you say it, and who you support or agree with.

If someone is incorrectly identified as a troll such as the case for me, anything said will automatically viewed as negative and should be attacked. Even if the person is posting something worthwhile and valid.......... IT WILL NOT MATTER!!

Many people here would change their tune in face to face conversations or risk a sock in the mouth!

The internet allows people to play bully if they want. It makes them feel good to treat others like crap knowing NOTHING bad will happen since they are unknown and far far away.

I am here to learn what I can and maybe make a few friends. I will support people I think agree with.

Do not expect me to play childish name calling games.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DA- the problem with your argument is that personal attacks are just that personal attacks. You see people here responding to a personal attack and you accuse them of opposing ideas. Well yes most people do not respond well to direct insults on their person.

Now in my view LEO229 was not a person who was anything but professional. I am certain there must be a few unprofessional posts in the thousands he put up here, but I am equally certain those would not be without some justification.

I do know that LEO229 is out there, I have communicated with him. A while back I met him in person. We have had burgers together. He is a good guy.

But what I am seeing in NotroVics case is the polar opposite of LEO229. While on occasion Vic does post something that people might find interesting to discuss, a whole lot more of the time his posts are flaming someone else and they are shot full of insults and personal attacks. People then respond and you say they are disagreeing with his point. Well they are but his point is a personal attack.

Also, so what if people disagree. You act like that was some kind of sin. Sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't. So what! there might be 50 people that do not agree with you. That does not make those people a "Swarm". It make them 50 people who disagree with your view and post that fact INDEPENDENTLY. If you can't stand the opposition then don't post on the forum.

I have been subjected at times to hostile posts from others too. You either learn to get over it or you take a break or you leave. What you dont do is flame and entire forum. Welcome to the Internet.

Regards

Devils Advocate

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
DA- the problem with your argument is that personal attacks are just that personal attacks. You see people here responding to a personal attack and you accuse them of opposing ideas. Well yes most people do not respond well to direct insults on their person.

Now in my view LEO229 was not a person who was anything but professional. I am certain there must be a few unprofessional posts in the thousands he put up here, but I am equally certain those would not be without some justification.

I do know that LEO229 is out there, I have communicated with him. A while back I met him in person. We have had burgers together. He is a good guy.

But what I am seeing in NotroVics case is the polar opposite of LEO229. While on occasion Vic does post something that people might find interesting to discuss, a whole lot more of the time his posts are flaming someone else and they are shot full of insults and personal attacks. People then respond and you say they are disagreeing with his point. Well they are but his point is a personal attack.

Also, so what if people disagree. You act like that was some kind of sin. Sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't. So what! there might be 50 people that do not agree with you. That does not make those people a "Swarm". It make them 50 people who disagree with your view and post that fact INDEPENDENTLY. If you can't stand the opposition then don't post on the forum.

I have been subjected at times to hostile posts from others too. You either learn to get over it or you take a break or you leave. What you dont do is flame and entire forum. Welcome to the Internet.

Regards

I understand your points. I also agree with you.

I guess I was seeing things that were not really valid arguments and were more pointless attacks that had nothing to do with anything. People grasping at straws to get their licks in as best as the internet can provide.

I welcome an adult debate. Once you start name calling and add sarcasm to strengthen your side you are causing the discussion to collapse. Name calling doesn't help at all. You shut down any open understanding and willingness to be heard.

We all know police corruption exists. We alsoknow honest citizens can and sometimes do become criminals. Why the need to post every cop story here is beyond me. Why not every story about citizens doing the same thing?

But I get it. I see the reasoning to post it but fail to see the need.

The only connection is that those that open carry may be approached by the police. But that does not mean the officer is any more corrupt than any othercitizen is a criminal.

You have a better chance of getting in an automobile accident than meet a corrupt cop. (My opinion)

It does not mean that every other motorist out thereis a danger to me and should be avoided. And it does not mean I should post every accident either to warn others.

If it is not gun related, it needs to be deleted. I do not understand why the mods do not just delete them out once they appear.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP I think the problem is AFAICT there are only two mods and over 13,000 of us.
Traitor. :)

No mod-bashing, please.

We do fine as a self-moderated forum.

The cooler heads can usually calm down the yappy ones.

When they don't get involved themselves. :)

Deanimator

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
I actually see it exactly the opposite from the way you do.

While I frequently disagree with what NitroVic says, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he's said which was either offensive or dishonest. That's not something I can say about LEO229. The top of his hit parade was making light of the murder of an unarmed man by a Chicago police officer. No matter what else you say about NitroVic, I can't say he's done anything like that. He has a point of view that I frequently can't agree with. He has a point of view frequently not informed by life in the big city. I think he often has a naive point of view. I don't think it's an EVIL point of view.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
DrMark wrote:

Alternate points of view are great, trolling is not.

Always playing the martyr, seeing an anti-cop behind every screen name, and de-railing thread after thread with the same histronics is trolling. nitrovic/HankT/SwatPro/LEO229 are experts in the tactics.

There are indeed anti-police posts on this board from time to time -- I've called posters on them myself -- but there's hardly an anti-cop bogeyman behind every screen name.

ProShooter wrote:
DrMark wrote:

I am always honored to be included in such charmed company.....

I only wish that I got top billing....I usually work alone.

:)
LOL - that was a reference to SwatPro, not you. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

Your perspective sometimes differs from mine, but I think that's a healthy thing. I don't recall you ever adopting the thread-derailing tactics of the aforementioned characters.

This brings to the surface another problem: nitrovic and LEO229 paint any criticism of themselves as anti-LEO, effectively claiming that they represent some monolithic block that is Law Enforcement. This short-changes the Law Enforcement community, many of whom I consider my friends. I expect most in Law Enforcement would not display the antics of nitrovic and LEO229.