Thread: A-la Forum flame warriors

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Might this be the aforementioned "Thunderdome Thread"? God I hope so.

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    Might this be the aforementioned "Thunderdome Thread"? God I hope so.
    Is this the only forum where doug will now attack others?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Run away!! Run away!!

Sorry for mixing movie metaphors.

Post imported post

Whoops! I misunderstood his intent. He is "self-reporting."

Doug Huffman wrote:
    An affirmative statement of your disagreement will be more effective than snarking, or even the relevant text of the Act.

Doug Huffman wrote:

Please make affirmative statements supporting your conclusions with citations at least of precise URLs or, better, quotes from the cited URL.
    HeIS the oneholding the sign, and is not the one on the podium. Edited for even More clarity.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm the one holding up the sign.

You can't see him, but that's Mike right behind me poking me in the ribs to hold the sign higher.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Okay, I corrected my "dig" to make it actually mean what I meant.

Now to parse this out a bit....

A-la Forum Flame Warrior.

"In the manner of" forum flame warrior, tells us that doug intends this thread to be "in the manner of" such, and his example shines as coincident with several of his posts in another thread......

So he is posting "in the manner of" a forum flame warrior.. Like he needed to point it out for us, I had already gotten that from him. :P
    pot/kettle argumentum at its finest in the OP.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    Doug Huffman, HeIS the one (on the podium), I mean, holding the sign.
    No one on the podium is holding a sign.

And no, it refers to a previous thread. Use the search engine. Read more than you write me.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    Doug Huffman, HeIS the one (on the podium), I mean, holding the sign.
    No one on the podium is holding a sign.

And no, it refers to a previous thread. Use the search engine. Read more than you write me.
    LOL, you miss the point.....again.

I originally mistakenly called you out as the one (on the podium). I left that there and changed it to "holding the sign." I will edit it again so as to not cause you more confusion.

Post imported post

By the way, you are in violation of the OCDO rules of engagement....

2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty.

3) Keep the profanity to a minimum - and then, after you find yourselves using it, go back after you have reflected and edit it out, especially those F-Bombs! Though this area of the web site is a bit of free speech area, the threads necessarily reflect upon the open carry movement as the press and general public do read our postings. Please go back and search your posts and edit out those F-bombs, thanks!

As you have been in other posts. Can you keep it to OC? Or related topics?