• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A-la Forum flame warriors

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

wikipedian_protester.png

wrightme

imported post

Whoops! I misunderstood his intent. He is "self-reporting." :D

Doug Huffman wrote:

An affirmative statement of your disagreement will be more effective than snarking, or even the relevant text of the Act.

Doug Huffman wrote:

Please make affirmative statements supporting your conclusions with citations at least of precise URLs or, better, quotes from the cited URL.
HeIS the oneholding the sign, and is not the one on the podium. ;) Edited for even More clarity. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm the one holding up the sign.

You can't see him, but that's Mike right behind me poking me in the ribs to hold the sign higher.

:)

wrightme

imported post

Okay, I corrected my "dig" to make it actually mean what I meant.

Now to parse this out a bit....

A-la Forum Flame Warrior.

"In the manner of" forum flame warrior, tells us that doug intends this thread to be "in the manner of" such, and his example shines as coincident with several of his posts in another thread......

So he is posting "in the manner of" a forum flame warrior.. Like he needed to point it out for us, I had already gotten that from him. :p
pot/kettle argumentum at its finest in the OP.

wrightme

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Doug Huffman, HeIS the one (on the podium), I mean, holding the sign.
No one on the podium is holding a sign.

And no, it refers to a previous thread. Use the search engine. Read more than you write me.

LOL, you miss the point.....again.

I originally mistakenly called you out as the one (on the podium). I left that there and changed it to "holding the sign." I will edit it again so as to not cause you more confusion. :)

wrightme

imported post

By the way, you are in violation of the OCDO rules of engagement....

2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty.

3) Keep the profanity to a minimum - and then, after you find yourselves using it, go back after you have reflected and edit it out, especially those F-Bombs! Though this area of the web site is a bit of free speech area, the threads necessarily reflect upon the open carry movement as the press and general public do read our postings. Please go back and search your posts and edit out those F-bombs, thanks!
As you have been in other posts. Can you keep it to OC? Or related topics?