• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snow Blowers and open carry

dukenukum

imported post

so it snowed in Michigan ( big surprise ) my new neighbor and I decided to run snow blowers and clear the walks we noticed each was open carrying our .45 autos in flap holsters great way to meet the neighbors . :celebrate

SQLtables

imported post

dukenukum wrote:
so it snowed in Michigan ( big surprise ) my new neighbor and I decided to run snow blowers and clear the walks we noticed each was open carrying our .45 autos in flap holsters great way to meet the neighbors . :celebrate
That's awesome! Is he/she aware of this website?

Hcidem

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
In a way, that's good to hear. It's nice to know that it isn't only the active members on this forum that are OCing in Michigan.
Wouldn't it be nice if MOC forum participants were less than 10% of open carriers. Nice, but unlikely...

Michigander

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if MOC forum participants were less than 10% of open carriers. Nice, but unlikely...
I would NOT call that unlikely.

Michigan will eventually be a state at that 10% mark or so if we keep it up. All it will take is time and dedication, and we can have the non OCDO members that OC bumping into us, stores putting signs on the entrance that say no weapons, cops that smile and wave when they see us, and maybe even eventually our cause will gain enough strength to influence Michigan law into being modified to where it doesn't violate the second amendment!

Hard work, dedication, and a bit of courage almost always pay off.

I am very adament about always saying to people here to arrange as many meet ups as possible. It's how we gain strength. So I'll say it again, ARRANGE MEETINGS! I don't care if it's you and 1 or 2 other people, make as many small meet ups as possible, and cover as much ground as possible in your area. Bring friends who don't OC with you and try to get them to join the cause. To put it simply, we get as much back as we put in. So keep up the good work, and it might very well happen before you know it.