• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NITROVIC - Please post your comments and arguments with others here

Tomahawk

imported post

cccook wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I don't see the purpose of this thread.
This thread is just a circus. Sorry Hawkflyer, had to say it.
Ah come on Tomahawk, it's the Thunderdome Thread. Of course it's a circus.

Isn't that the idea, to localize the chaos? I'm gettin' outta here while I'm still in one piece. A Texican out here inthe Virginia "dome"thread alone could get killt ... or worse.
Well, the Thunderdome Thread not a serious idea, unless the participants are willing and have a sense of humor.

ChinChin

imported post

This thread is a waste of time.

I've said it 7 times before, so what’s one more time. . .

If the owners of this site want to ban Vic from posting due to disruptive behavior or if they object to his actions; they'll do so.

If the owners of this site don't censure or remove posting rights, then they condone the the disruptive behavior, and by taking no action it implies consent of what he does.

Nothing you do or say will modify his actions or his beliefs, and as the owners of the site seem to approve of his actions by lack of any censure and approve of the disruptions he causes . . .i fail to see this thread providing any remedy.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While I am sympathetic to Hawk's reason for this thread and some of the comments herein, I also think that Vic gets a bum rap on many levels. While Vic can be caustic, he also makes a lot of good, on topic posts as well. There are some members here who seem to revel in poking him with a stick every chance they get. It takes two to tango and there is more than one member here more than willing to dance for as long as Vic is and sometimes after Vic is finished. And there are people who do not attract much ire from Vic directly who are part of the provocations in more subtle ways. I guess what I am saying is that if I were an admin/mod of OCDO I would be talking to more than just Vic about thread hijacks and rude comments and I'll add that I think I could make more productive headway with Vic than some his detractors. I have had my arguments with him too, but we have thus far been able to get past that and found a way to disagree respectfully.

I get most frustrated with Vic for not just walking away from certain members who consistently post things that are just going to tick him off (and other LE on the forum), things that many of us, as I know from PM discussions, just roll our eyes about and ignore. I get equally frustrated with the small group who provoke at every opportunity and who also don't walk away. Vic doesn't always do himself any favors, but I take issue with singling him out without naming names of those who share the tit-for-tat regularly.

So that's my peace on the matter. I choose not to participate in blaming one person for all the messed up, hijacked threads of late when IMO there are several people involved and just as culpable.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
While I am sympathetic to Hawk's reason for this thread and some of the comments herein, I also think that Vic gets a bum rap on many levels. While Vic can be caustic, he also makes a lot of good, on topic posts as well. There are some members here who seem to revel in poking him with a stick every chance they get. It takes two to tango and there is more than one member here more than willing to dance for as long as Vic is and sometimes after Vic is finished. And there are people who do not attract much ire from Vic directly who are part of the provocations in more subtle ways. I guess what I am saying is that if I were an admin/mod of OCDO I would be talking to more than just Vic about thread hijacks and rude comments and I'll add that I think I could make more productive headway with Vic than some his detractors. I have had my arguments with him too, but we have thus far been able to get past that and found a way to disagree respectfully.

I get most frustrated with Vic for not just walking away from certain members who consistently post things that are just going to tick him off (and other LE on the forum), things that many of us, as I know from PM discussions, just roll our eyes about and ignore. I get equally frustrated with the small group who provoke at every opportunity and who also don't walk away. Vic doesn't always do himself any favors, but I take issue with singling him out without naming names of those who share the tit-for-tat regularly.

So that's my peace on the matter. I choose not to participate in blaming one person for all the messed up, hijacked threads of late when IMO there are several people involved and just as culpable.
Ooh, them's fightin' words :p. I think that what you said applies much of the time. I also believe that there are certain situations where one is not obliged to roll over, and take it where it's vacant.

I don't feel strongly either way about the OP, though I have noticed certain patterns.

(this post is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek)

ChinChin

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
....If you have issues with a forum member, PM'ing one of the admin/mods may be a better idea....
I have tried this with not even a private response from our admin/mods :(
And this is why i feel the owners condone Vic's action and behavior, have no objection to same and thus they don't see this as an issue. If they did object to it, Vic would be gone already.

So I suppose its considered acceptable behavior on this forum.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
It takes two to tango and there is more than one member here more than willing to dance for as long as Vic is and sometimes after Vic is finished. And there are people who do not attract much ire from Vic directly who are part of the provocations in more subtle ways. I guess what I am saying is that if I were an admin/mod of OCDO I would be talking to more than just Vic about thread hijacks and rude comments and I'll add that I think I could make more productive headway with Vic than some his detractors. SNIP...

While I am posting this off of a quote from Deepdiver, I want to be clear that he is not the specifictarget of anything I might say, he just provided a convenient comment to say it from.

I could not agree with this comment more. In principal I agree with what NitroVic is trying to do in so far as that goal is to reduce INAPPROPRIATE LEO bashing. But I strongly disagree with his methods, and the intentional derailing of thread after thread.

Is he alone in this? NO! In my OP I pointed to that issue, but since the list of potential people is now so huge it would be difficult to list all of them. They know who they are and it is a divergent group. But they all do have one thing in common that can be used to draw them to a single place to talk, and that is NitroVic.

You might notice that most of the individuals you might put into this group are here on this thread, or they are reading it. Moreover, despite complaints as to the appropriateness or usefulness of a thread like this, it seems to have grown very rapidly in both viewership and postings count. Some threads never get this big and even an interesting topic might take days to grow to this size. I interpret that to mean that the topic is either important to people on the forum, or they think there will be a fight to watch.

Look, the point of this thread was NOT to bash Nitrovic. It was to tell him what he was doing wrong, why it was wrong, and isolate the damage to a single place as much as possible. I am aware that he would take that as baiting, but that is his problem. There is nothing in the OP of this thread that he has not been told before by many people. Even some of those pointing to the this thread as inappropriate have actually baited NitroVic through the use of sarcasm or some other hit and run verbal assault. You all know who you are.

So here is the deal. If you cannot ignore Nitrovic and not respond to him when he rages and starts to destroy a thread, then at least ignore him in that thread and post your comments here in this thread. If he wants to fight, then he should come here to do it. If his goal is to be heard by a large audience then this thread will provide that. But there needs to be a LOT more self control on BOTH sides of the arguments.

Regards

nitrovic

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
While I am sympathetic to Hawk's reason for this thread and some of the comments herein, I also think that Vic gets a bum rap on many levels.  While Vic can be caustic, he also makes a lot of good, on topic posts as well.  There are some members here who seem to revel in poking him with a stick every chance they get.  It takes two to tango and there is more than one member here more than willing to dance for as long as Vic is and sometimes after Vic is finished.  And there are people who do not attract much ire from Vic directly who are part of the provocations in more subtle ways.  I guess what I am saying is that if I were an admin/mod of OCDO I would be talking to more than just Vic about thread hijacks and rude comments and I'll add that I think I could make more productive headway with Vic than some his detractors.  I have had my arguments with him too, but we have thus far been able to get past that and found a way to disagree respectfully. 

I get most frustrated with Vic for not just walking away from certain members who consistently post things that are just going to tick him off (and other LE on the forum), things that many of us, as I know from PM discussions, just roll our eyes about and ignore.  I get equally frustrated with the small group who provoke at every opportunity and who also don't walk away.  Vic doesn't always do himself any favors, but I take issue with singling him out without naming names of those who share the tit-for-tat regularly.

So that's my peace on the matter.  I choose not to participate in blaming one person for all the messed up, hijacked threads of late when IMO there are several people involved and just as culpable.

Good post as usual. I'll stop replying the cop haters with anything more than a copy of the forum rules. I really don't want to hijack threads. I don't respond to every thread, actually just the opposite. I believe in gun rights and OC/CC rights which is what this site should be about anyway. Nowhere has anybody seen me say a negative comment about the 2nd amendment.

nitrovic

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
It takes two to tango and there is more than one member here more than willing to dance for as long as Vic is and sometimes after Vic is finished.  And there are people who do not attract much ire from Vic directly who are part of the provocations in more subtle ways.  I guess what I am saying is that if I were an admin/mod of OCDO I would be talking to more than just Vic about thread hijacks and rude comments and I'll add that I think I could make more productive headway with Vic than some his detractors.  SNIP...

While I am posting this off of a quote from Deepdiver, I want to be clear that he is not the target of anything I might say, he just provided a convenient comment to say it from.

I could not agree with this comment more.  In principal I agree with what NitroVic is trying to do in so far as that goal is to reduce INAPPROPRIATE LEO bashing.  But I strongly disagree with his methods, and the intentional derailing of thread after thread. 

Is he alone in this?  NO!  In my OP I pointed to that issue, but since the list of potential people is now so huge it would be difficult to list all of them.  They know who they are and it is a divergent group.  But they all do have one thing in common that can be used to draw them to a single place to talk, and that is NitroVic.

You might notice that most of the individuals you might put into this group are here on this thread, or they are reading it.  Moreover, despite complaints as to the appropriateness or usefulness of a thread like this, it seems to have grown very rapidly in both viewership and postings count.  Some threads never get this big and even an interesting topic might take days to grow to this size.  I interpret that to mean that the topic is either important to people on the forum, or they think there will be a fight to watch.

Look, the point of this thread was NOT to bash Nitrovic.  It was to tell him what he was doing wrong, why it was wrong, and isolate the damage to a single place as much as possible.  I am aware that he would take that as baiting, but that is his problem.  There is nothing in the OP of this thread that he has not been told before by many people.  Even some of those pointing to the this thread as inappropriate have actually baited NitroVic through the use of sarcasm or some other hit and run verbal assault.  You all know who you are.

So here is the deal.  If you cannot ignore Nitrovic and not respond to him when he rages and starts to destroy a thread, then at least ignore him in that thread and  post your comments here in this thread.  If he wants to fight, then he should come here to do it.  If his goal is to be heard by a large audience then this thread will provide that.  But there needs to be a LOT more self control on BOTH sides of the arguments.

Regards

The point was indeed to discredit me. When you talk about me being a "discredit to LEO's", yeah, that would be a personal attack. Besides that, MY username is in the thread topice, not the usual suspects who DO hijack threads with their anti-police lies. If a police officer unjustly arrests somebody for OC, then fine. But it it's simply an officer who is off duty getting arrested for an assault, or a DUI (both have been posted in this forum for no reason other to make officers look bad), then yeah, I have a problem with that. As stated prior, I will only reply to the police haters with the forum rules from now on.

nitrovic

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
suntzu wrote:
I may draw flak because of this--BUT:  whether anyone agrees with Nitrovic or not--which I most of the time do not--he is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else--like it or not the 1st Amendment applies to everyone equally. 

Of course nitrovic never showed this same courtesy to me recently, but hey--at least someone is willing to stand up for his rights, even if he was not willing to show anyone else the same courtesy.

whether he is an embarrassment to law enforcement or not--I have my opinion, and that is just what it is, but by and large I am distrustful of all leos so you're not singled out....

but again--he is entitled to his opinion, flawed though it is at times.
You are of course entitled to your view.  However in the view of many this is not about ANYONEs opinions.  This is about weather one individual will be allowed to serially pull every thread in which he posts off topic by calling people names, generally insulting them and doing it under color of being an active duty LEO in order to add weight to his vitriol.  It also has a lot to do with NitroVic going on a LEO only website and suggesting that the members there come here to see how he is being treated after he has attacked the members here and they have responded.

All I have done is to supply a single thread which people, including NitroVic may trash to their hearts content.  Why even NitroVic is getting into the spirit of the thread.

Regards

You are taking that post in question out of context. I was threatened by a MODERATOR here (who is no longer in that position) simply because he thought I was a LEO (which I was not at the time). I posted that at officer.com (which is NOT a LEO only site, most actually are not leos) to let people see it for themselves. Most did and agreed. At that time the anti-police remarks were running rampant with nobody calling out the BS. The words "pigs, SS, gestapo" were fairly common. Ask LEO 229, it was a mess. When the site owner has to write a forum rule telling people not to cop bash, I would say there is a problem.

nitrovic

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Nitrollvic,

I am posting all replies to your trolling in this thread. 

This posting has to do with the yo that you inserted into the ryan frederick poll thread

Link: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/19646-4.html

Your pejorative comments were inappropriate.

Do you even think about what you do? 

Again, taken out of context. I made an initial remark which answered the poster's question and was jumped on. I respond to that and I am "inappopriate". The same poster who I was replying to was called a "troll" and other names on his second post on this forum. Your argument is weak.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
As stated prior, I will only reply to the police haters with the forum rules from now on.
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. [/font]

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu1')">HREF="#" TARGET="_blank">username" onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu1')">HREF="/view_user.onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu2')">php?id=1242" onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'menu1242')">...SNIP
The point was indeed to discredit me. When you talk about me being a "discredit to LEO's", yeah, that would be a personal attack. Besides that, MY username is in the thread topice, not the usual suspects who DO hijack threads with their anti-police lies. If a police officer unjustly arrests somebody for OC, then fine. But it it's simply an officer who is off duty getting arrested for an assault, or a DUI (both have been posted in this forum for no reason other to make officers look bad), then yeah, I have a problem with that. As stated prior, I will only reply to the police haters with the forum rules from now on.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with your posts. First off you are not the first one to have his name in a thread subject, It has happened to me, it is happening to LEO229 right now, so that is a non issue and irrelevant. But your over reaction and irrational view that the simple mention of your name is an attack is the very kind of over the top reaction I am trying to get you to see and think about before you post.

You did not respond to a single point in my original post. You provided a quoted copy of the entire post without regard to those who may be on low bandwidth connections. You yell about lies, yet you do not point to a single thing that could be called a lie. You fail to recognize the difference between hypotheticals in an open discussion forum and actual untruths portrayed as facts. This call you judgment as a LEO into question (remember you keep insisting you are a LEO so that is a fair comment)

I have done nothing to discredit you. You are doing just fine in that area all by yourself. You are in fact doing a huge disservice to LE personnel everywhere when you are involved in as many fights here as you are, and you appear to rage at nothing, and you are doing it AS A LEO. If you want to behave this way as a private citizen then fine, but you are creating the very image of LEOs that you are trying to fight against.

Finally there are HUNDREDS of anti LEO forums out there. I mean TRULY anti LEO. The fact that a few people post a few threads here quoting news stories and then speculate about them is nothing compared to that. Your actions in going to Officer.com and bashing this entire forum for the action of a few of its membership, in my view is way out of line. Despite your claims to support the goals of this forum, everything in your actions says that you are actually trying to destroy this forum and its purpose. And lest not forget you are doing it all the while yelling that you are a LEO. And No I did not stalk you there I have been a member there for 4 years.

IF you cannot see that your actions while stating emphatically, in fact fighting to insist that you are a LEO, are in fact damaging to the image of LE then you are truly beyond all hope and trying to reason with you is a waste of time.

Sheriff

imported post

I am absolutely sure some of you have been sitting back since the birth of this thread just waiting for my .02 cents worth. So here it is.

HawkFlyer, I don't disagree with your intent, but I do disagree with your solution. When somebody stops in a thread and startstheir little dog and pony show, I don't think the members the namecalling,insults, implications and liesare directed at should have to come here to this one thread to respond back to the antagonism and provocation. I don't anticipate many folks leaving many threads to come here and respond back to the instigator, whoever the instigatormay be. They shouldn't be expected to. If you call me a one eyedchicken rapist in the "Open Carry inBurger King" thread, I would respond back to you in THAT thread. I wouldn't feel obligated to come to the "Bully Central" thread to respond back to you.

I absolutely refuse to believe that a group ofadults responsible enough to be carrying loaded firearms can't see or understand what nitrovicky is doing here. It's obvious his one and only intent here on the OC forums is to singlehandedly wipe out what he considers to be"cop bashing".He seems to repeatedly take some sort of pride in claiming he was instrumental in having moderators terminated, but now he whines there is no "cop bashing" moderation. He can't leave it up to John and Mike to moderate their own forums. So he's going to moderate the forums with his only available tools being namecalling, insults, disruption, antagonism, condescenionand provocationevery time anybody mentions a cop doing something wrong.... whether it's gun related or not. There is no such thing as a crooked corrupt cop in his fantasy world, just those who make simple mistakes. Simple mistakes that anybody should be able to get over. Like the Chicago cop that shot and killed a citizen for example. It was no big deal to nitrovicky.

I have a serious problem with his intelligence quotient too,a/k/a IQ. This is a man who doesn't even know who "Officer Malloy and Officer Reed" were. I am still LMFAO over that! I would be ashamed to show my face here again after that escapade if I were him! He went off on a tangent claiming Reed was a drug dealer employed by theHenry County, Va Sheriff's Office. When people attempted to correct him,he still insisted Reed was employed by the sheriff's office. Just about theentire sheriff's office was crooked and corrupt (rut roh, did I just cop bash?), and in one replyit even appeared as if he might have been implying I was once employed by the Henry County Sheriff's Office. He would love for people to believe this.

I also think he's been very deceptive here on the OC forums. He has led everybody to believe he is a cop. He claims he was a cop, quit to take a better paying job, but went back to a police forcelater. He's on officer.com leading people to believe he is employed at a department somebody was inquiring about. But when pressed on the issue as to how he seems to post all day and night, 24 hours a day, he now claims he is sitting at home off on entended leave due to a work related injury. But it took him 2 or 3 days to come up with this excuse. I don't believe one single word that comes out of his mouth. IMHO, he fits in extremely well with the rest of the wannabe posers over on officer.com. I stopped posting over there because of all the wannabes and posers. But of course nitrovicky started the lie I was banned over there. "No Longer Active" appears under a user's name once they are banned on officer.com. You won't see "No Longer Active" under my user name.

Has anybody ever seen the YouTube videos of the Baltimore cop who jumps out of his little motorized scooter and physically assaults a teenager for skateboarding? This is the view that pops in my mind when I see nitrovicky post here. As several people have said, I don'tthink he has the temperament to be a real cop. He goes ballistic over the simplest thing in an Internet forum, just think what he would do out on the street. God help us all!

EDITED: to add the word think in the last paragraph.