• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Merry Christmas

WARCHILD

imported post

Our deepest thanks and appreciation for your service to our country. Your continued dedication and sacrifices are what make this country great. Though you are possibly away from home, you are always in our thoughts.
Best wishes to you and your families.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Warchild, I hope you don't mind me adding this... My cousin, Brandon, is fighting in Afghanistan right now. I also have a cousin in Iraq, and a brother-in-law who keeps making trips to Iraq (He is home for the holidays). Brandon gets woke up some days by being shot at, he has been lucky enough to survive an I.E.D., and tells stories about ungodly other things. Through all the blood and stress, he still has the peace of mind to remind others of what this holiday is supposed to be about. His letter to all will follow. Brandon, Matt, Steve, all other soldiers, keep working hard, get the job done, and make it home alive.

"Merry CHRIST-mas
hey yall... i just want to take this opportunity here to remind everyone of why this holiday, IS, in the first place... Jesus Christ our Lord and savior was born on this day... the only presents given Him were gold, frankinsence, and murr (spelling?) kingly gifts if u ask me... sure its fun to get presents... more stuff to have, more goodies to eat, thats all great, but my friends, everyone seems to forget this day for what it is... everyone gets caught up in the holiday hussle and bussle of "gotta get this for her and gotta get that for him" but really... on your birthday, who is the party for? who does everyone come to see? who gets all the attention and love and gifts?... you do because that is your day... your birthday... i feel sorrow for Jesus on this day each year, because everyone is so hyped up on themselves and their families that they forget Him all together... im not saying every single person forgets this every year... the word holiday actually means "Holy Day" the most Holiest day of the year if you ask me... or at least it should be anyways... i woke up this morning and i said "happy birthday jesus"... i didnt have snow, or trees, or anything like that to wake up to... no partys or get togethers to be at... but as a soldier away from home on christmas for the 3rd year in a row i have come to level with Jesus on this day, i feel for him... i throw my own little "happy birthday jesus party" and try to spend as much time as i can with him all day... dont get me wrong, i would love nothing less than to be home with my family and my girlfriend of 7 months on this family oriented day... i guess after all that i just ask that everyone just take a moment today and tell Jesus you love him and that you remember him on HIS DAY...

To all my family and friends back home on this wonderful Christmas day, I love you all very much, I wish you all to have fun and be happy and rejoice, "for this is the day that the lord has made, i will rejoice and be glad in it." Once again i wish i was home but yall know why im not... im out workin hard... love you all each and every one of you and make sure you pass the love on to others... Merry Christmas, see you in march :D"