• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed road rage in Franklin

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WKRN2 out of Nashville ran a story tonight about a HCP holder that pulled a weapon on another shopper over a parking space. (As of this posting they haven't put it on their website yet -wkrn.com)

A women waited for another shopper to back out of a parking space in a mall in Franklin and was assaulted by the driver behind her as she pulled into the space. AS she was half way into the space the man ran up to her window waving a handgun at her. No shots were fired and the police were called and they arrested the man. The report said that he had a HCP. (He may not after this )

Hopefully there wil be something online tomorrow to link to.

Not something we needed is it? :banghead:

tito887

imported post

So I assume if the lady would have shot him she would have been justified. I would have loved to see that story on the brady center's blog.:banghead::banghead:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

tito887 wrote:
So I assume if the lady would have shot him she would have been justified. I would have loved to see that story on the brady center's blog.:banghead::banghead:

Tito, the man who ran up to her window while she was driving into the parking space had the gun.

All we can hope for is that the HCP is invalid due to a violationnot firearm related. If not, than the Brady Bunch will have a hayday with this.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tito887 wrote:

The report didn't say anything about the woman being armed. This happened this evening.

I think that if some one waves a gun in your face, they're fair game. They're presenting a threat of severe injury or death, That's trigger pulling time.

The Brady Bunch can take a flying leap.

massltca

imported post

This is just perfect. :banghead: It makes me ashamed that a permit holder would behave this way. If he can't control his temper he should not carry a gun. I have carried for four years and never once felt the need to use it. Certainly not over a parking space. Unless details are missing from this story, he absolutely deserves to lose his permit.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

massltca wrote:
This is just perfect. :banghead: It makes me ashamed that a permit holder would behave this way. If he can't control his temper he should not carry a gun. I have carried for four years and never once felt the need to use it. Certainly not over a parking space. Unless details are missing from this story, he absolutely deserves to lose his permit.
Yeah, I'm just a bit suspicious about what really might have transpired. The Tennessian report was pretty weak on details. The report I saw on TV2 had more on it. The police spokesman did not come off in the usual anti-gun manner about the incident, but did say that everyone needs to chill and not get carried away with any frustrations they may be experiencing.

rds801

imported post

Could there be a chance that the lady saw the gun in the holster and made up the rest?:shock:
Just sayin'.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rds801 wrote:
Could there be a chance that the lady saw the gun in the holster and made up the rest?:shock:
Just sayin'.
That thought has crossed my mind, too. Even so, the guy shouldn't have gotten his shorts in a wad over a parking spot. He should have conceded the space, like a civilized person,and hunted anotherone. hmmm..... that stillis what civilized people do, isn't it?

Fallguy

imported post

Here is a post from another board I'm on..

I think there may be more to this...but I don NOT think that at ANY point he was in "iminant (sp?) fear of his (or anyone elses) life"

Here is a comment from the first story...

"As usual, the media has gotten the story wrong. The argument was not over a "parking space". It was an argument between two women. Woman number 1 rushed to get to a parking space and in her haste, almost hit the van driven by woman number 2. Woman number 2 admitted she gave woman number 1 a filthy look, not over the space, but because she was in such a hurry she almost hit her van. Woman number 2 then proceeded to get a space several cars away. Woman number one got out of her car, walked away from the mall and agressively confronted woman number two with yelling, cursing and challenging her over the "look". Woman number two explained to woman number one that she had almost hit her van in her haste to take the spot and that was her reason for the "look". Woman number one kept yelling and told her she should "beat her @#$". At that point the man came to the defense of his wife but he never pulled his weapon; however it makes a much more attention grabbing headline to state that. Woman number one said she had a gun too and wasn't scared. Once the police came, woman number one quickly changed from agressor to "victim". Had woman number one not threatened to do bodily harm to woman number two this situation probably would have ended with harsh words exchanged. How sad that an innocent man has had him name defamed all in the defense of his wife. I'm absolutely positive that the formal investigation will bear these facts out and I'm equally positive that there will be no coverage of his vindication or offer to make amends to him or his family. Oh, did I forget to mention that three small children had to witness their Mom being agressively confronted in a parking lot and watch their Dad being taken away in handcuffs?"

tn terry t

imported post

one thing ive learned in my 44 yrs. dont take any thing the media says for the gospel. time after time things that have came out of cheatham and dickson counties that made the news have been flat out told wrong i dont know if on purpose or not but they sure have sure told some woppers! :shock:

massltca

imported post

Now the truth comes out. I had a hard time believing someone carrying legally would wave his gun around recklessly. I do have one thought though, instead of sticking around when a distraught woman got his wife's face he should have takin his wife and led her away.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Even if another permit/license holder went astray, in general we still by far have a better track record for maintaining adherence to the law than LEO's. Not bashing LEO's just statistical fact in all states where it has been tracked.