Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of home invasions and bank robberies...

Post imported post

...and I thought Iraq was going to be bad!

While the Christmas season may bring out the best in some...

It bring out the worst in others. This all happened in one week!

Carry always, my friends.

Salt Lake Valley sees rash of bank robberies

4 gunmen rob home in Sandy

2 men arrested in attempted robberies

SLC home invasion numbers on par with last year

Police look for leads in bank robbery

3 suspects wanted in violent home robbery

Robberies reported at 2 Zions Bank locations
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

As long as you are American and breathing, you have a reason to carry your gun.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    ...Carry always, my friends....
    Man, you ain't kiddin'

I just think times are pretty rough right now for people, given the current strength of the economy ( i suppose..)
    Just the other day i was approached by a woman while i was filling my tank (Provo Phillips 66) and she proceeded tot ell me how her sister had died and she needed help and a bit of money or some gas (!?) would do.
    i politely informed her that i don't give away money due to the fact that it doesn't come very easy to me, either. Whoa, this chick went nuts! telling me how im not human and if i weren't human i might as well be a dog and balha blah blah...

...i dunno. Some weird things going on. Weird times. people just seems to be more and more desperate. i WOULD like to say that the majority of the 'oddities' i experience are in Provo. Indian Burial ground??

Edited for spelling and grammar: didn't want ThoughtPolice to have a stroke..

Post imported post

lol. Hey, where is thought police anyway? I haven't seen him in awhile.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

Here is another asshat to stay away from!

Police asking for public's help in finding serial ATM robber
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Post imported post

Tis the season to be robbed! I wish I would have heard my girls truck getting broken into they would have enjoyed meeting me! I hate this time of year for the break in's

”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Post imported post

Post imported post

David! :celebrate

Welcome back!

Even though one of the stories suggests that violent crime is on par with the previous year, there is no reason to become complacent with self defense. Violent crime will continue to be a problem, unless more Utahns wake up and realize that they need to fight back.

Albert Einstein said:
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I read a story about a gunman in a Texas LDS church. He went into the church, fired a shot, and demanded wallets. A group of members surround him, and the story said "theyurged him to leave"! Then he simply ran off.Now this crook is back on the streets.

LDS ward members in Texas stop gunman

Post imported post

Post imported post

This poor girl, I hope they found the right guys.

2 arrested for murder of woman found at JordanelleReservoir

Remember, you can use force to prevent vehicular burglary IF the vehicle is occupied.

Salt Lake police looking for car burglar

Don't wave at some dude's girlfriend, unless you enjoy being stabbed in the kidney.

Police searching for suspect in parking lot stabbing

Utah county is not immune to robberies.

Police need help identifying robbery suspect

More crime in Ogden. Stay alert, stay alive!

Ogden police investigating series of robberies and shootings

Post imported post

This is the second story I have read about a home invasion where a safe was stolen.

Remember, your defensive weapon is USELESS if it locked in a safe. Especially if that safe is being STOLEN!!!

Armed gunmen rob residents of Murray home

Post imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
    LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    lol. Hey, where is thought police anyway? I haven't seen him in awhile.

Kevin
    Oh, Im constantly lurking, Ihave just found other venues to occupy my time. (9mm's mom knows what Im talkin 'bout, right?:P)...
    Son of a...:shock::P
    -----------------------

Times are getting rough. I refuse to be in a constant state of panic or fear. No sir, not me. THATS why we must carry, not locked up in a safe(as mentioned). I mean, OF COURSE if you have multiple guns - but keep the ONE on you at least? I hate to criticize my fellow gun owners, but the previous post is spot on - Defensive Weapons should not be hard to get to.)

Happy New Year.

Post imported post

It's not smart to bring a knife to a gunfight. Too bad the clerk had no gun.

Police trying to identify convenience store robber

This man broke into a home, and sexually assaulted a 13 year old!

Man arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting 13-year-old

This story sound likeit could be related to thestabbing at John Paras furniture on Monday.

Argument ends with man being shot in stomach

OK... the complacency needs to end! This ass hat was brave enough use a handgun to steal iPODS! WAKE UP UTAH!!! ARM YOURSELF AND YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!

Man robs store and gets away with 2 iPods

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's not just Utah, folks. It's starting to get worse all over.

Post imported post

I don't know if we have any business owners that read here, but if this guy tries to knock over your shop, please use the force necessary to end this knucklehead'sspree of forcible felonies!

Serial robber with fake beard continues to elude police

Post imported post

Not a home invasion: But what the HELL is wrong with people? There are countless items that i 'wish' i owned; I HAVE NEVER considered taking them by force.
    ---------
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5242854

Police search for suspects in assault on store clerk January 6th, 2009 @ 8:10am (KSL News) West Jordan police are asking for the public's help to find two would-be robbers who assaulted a convenience store clerk.
    Police say two men entered the 7-Eleven at 6250 S. Dixie Dr. in West Jordan just after midnight on Monday. One lured the clerk to the coffee stand, where he then beat him up.
    Sgt. Drew Sanders with the West Jordan Police Department said, "We don't have any reason to think they're armed, but they're certainly dangerous if they are willing to come in and assault a clerk like that."
    The other man tried to break into the cash register, but it was locked. Both men fled without getting any money.
    Police believe they drove away in a bronze-colored 1990s Cadillac sedan. The vehicle did not have a license plate displayed.
    The suspects are described as men who appear to be in their early to mid 20s, with dark hair and olive complexions. They are about 6 feet tall and weigh around 180 pounds. Anyone with information should call West Jordan police at 801-256-2000.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    David! :celebrate

Welcome back!

Even though one of the stories suggests that violent crime is on par with the previous year, there is no reason to become complacent with self defense. Violent crime will continue to be a problem, unless more Utahns wake up and realize that they need to fight back.

Albert Einstein said:
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I read a story about a gunman in a Texas LDS church. He went into the church, fired a shot, and demanded wallets. A group of members surround him, and the story said "theyurged him to leave"! Then he simply ran off.Now this crook is back on the streets.

LDS ward members in Texas stop gunman
    Hey Sarge, I tried to check out the above link but I got to the Libertybell website and they had a comment "No hotlinking allowed".

Do you have a direct link to the article at all??

Post imported post

OH crap, that means all of my links are failing! I have to use a proxy at work, because of filter software on our server.

Let me tryto find it and I will post it.

Post imported post

Sleepless wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote: Hey Sarge, I tried to check out the above link but I got to the Libertybell website and they had a comment "No hotlinking allowed".

OK, try this one. LDS ward members in Texas stop gunman

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Sleepless wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote: Hey Sarge, I tried to check out the above link but I got to the Libertybell website and they had a comment "No hotlinking allowed".

OK, try this one. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5164016]http://www.ksl.com%2F%3Fnid%3D148%26amp%3Bsid%3D5164016&a mp;b=36]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5164016[/url]
    It didn't work until I removed everything except http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5164016

I told a female friend who is also a church member that if Ihad been there then I would have drawn on the guy and asked him if he had met Jesus yet.

At least it sounded good. :celebrate

Post imported post

WOW! What a pain in the ass! I went back and fixed all the links in this thread.

I now know not to copy and paste when I am at work!

State Researcher

Post imported post

David Nelson wrote: Coincidentally 2008 saw a dramatic increase in vandalism and violence against LDS persons and property as well as others who had lawfully and peacefully exercised their rights to freedom of speech as well as the franchise in determining certain public policies.

EVERYBODY should be secure in their rights. And certain angry mobs should be very grateful that various LDS Church officials and most LDS Church members are FAR better Christians than I am.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast