• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lots of home invasions and bank robberies...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher

scorpioajr

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Man, you ain't kiddin'

I just think times are pretty rough right now for people, given the current strength of the economy ( i suppose..)
Just the other day i was approached by a woman while i was filling my tank (Provo Phillips 66) and she proceeded tot ell me how her sister had died and she needed help and a bit of money or some gas (!?) would do.
i politely informed her that i don't give away money due to the fact that it doesn't come very easy to me, either. Whoa, this chick went nuts! telling me how im not human and if i weren't human i might as well be a dog and balha blah blah...

...i dunno. Some weird things going on. Weird times. people just seems to be more and more desperate. i WOULD like to say that the majority of the 'oddities' i experience are in Provo. Indian Burial ground??

Edited for spelling and grammar: didn't want ThoughtPolice to have a stroke..

yo101jimmy

imported post

Tis the season to be robbed! I wish I would have heard my girls truck getting broken into they would have enjoyed meeting me! I hate this time of year for the break in's
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

David! :celebrate

Welcome back!

Even though one of the stories suggests that violent crime is on par with the previous year, there is no reason to become complacent with self defense. Violent crime will continue to be a problem, unless more Utahns wake up and realize that they need to fight back.

Albert Einstein said:
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I read a story about a gunman in a Texas LDS church. He went into the church, fired a shot, and demanded wallets. A group of members surround him, and the story said "theyurged him to leave"! Then he simply ran off.Now this crook is back on the streets.

LDS ward members in Texas stop gunman

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

This poor girl, I hope they found the right guys. :cry:

2 arrested for murder of woman found at JordanelleReservoir

Remember, you can use force to prevent vehicular burglary IF the vehicle is occupied.

Salt Lake police looking for car burglar

Don't wave at some dude's girlfriend, unless you enjoy being stabbed in the kidney. ;)

Police searching for suspect in parking lot stabbing

Utah county is not immune to robberies.

Police need help identifying robbery suspect

More crime in Ogden. Stay alert, stay alive! :exclaim:

Ogden police investigating series of robberies and shootings

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
lol. :) Hey, where is thought police anyway? I haven't seen him in awhile.

Kevin

Oh, Im constantly lurking, Ihave just found other venues to occupy my time. :cool:(9mm's mom knows what Im talkin 'bout, right?:p)...
Son of a...:shock::p
-----------------------

Times are getting rough. I refuse to be in a constant state of panic or fear. No sir, not me. THATS why we must carry, not locked up in a safe(as mentioned). I mean, OF COURSE if you have multiple guns - but keep the ONE on you at least? I hate to criticize my fellow gun owners, but the previous post is spot on - Defensive Weapons should not be hard to get to.)

Happy New Year.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It's not smart to bring a knife to a gunfight. Too bad the clerk had no gun.

Police trying to identify convenience store robber

This man broke into a home, and sexually assaulted a 13 year old!

Man arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting 13-year-old

This story sound likeit could be related to thestabbing at John Paras furniture on Monday.

Argument ends with man being shot in stomach

OK... the complacency needs to end! This ass hat was brave enough use a handgun to steal iPODS! WAKE UP UTAH!!! ARM YOURSELF AND YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! :cuss:
https://www.libertybell.biz/page.ph...ZXgucGhwP25pZD0xNDgmYW1wO3NpZD01MjA3ODE1&b=37
Man robs store and gets away with 2 iPods

scorpioajr

imported post

Not a home invasion: But what the HELL is wrong with people? There are countless items that i 'wish' i owned; I HAVE NEVER considered taking them by force.
---------
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5242854

Police search for suspects in assault on store clerk January 6th, 2009 @ 8:10am (KSL News) West Jordan police are asking for the public's help to find two would-be robbers who assaulted a convenience store clerk.
Police say two men entered the 7-Eleven at 6250 S. Dixie Dr. in West Jordan just after midnight on Monday. One lured the clerk to the coffee stand, where he then beat him up.
Sgt. Drew Sanders with the West Jordan Police Department said, "We don't have any reason to think they're armed, but they're certainly dangerous if they are willing to come in and assault a clerk like that."
The other man tried to break into the cash register, but it was locked. Both men fled without getting any money.
Police believe they drove away in a bronze-colored 1990s Cadillac sedan. The vehicle did not have a license plate displayed.
The suspects are described as men who appear to be in their early to mid 20s, with dark hair and olive complexions. They are about 6 feet tall and weigh around 180 pounds. Anyone with information should call West Jordan police at 801-256-2000.

Sleepless

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
David! :celebrate

Welcome back!

Even though one of the stories suggests that violent crime is on par with the previous year, there is no reason to become complacent with self defense. Violent crime will continue to be a problem, unless more Utahns wake up and realize that they need to fight back.

Albert Einstein said:
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I read a story about a gunman in a Texas LDS church. He went into the church, fired a shot, and demanded wallets. A group of members surround him, and the story said "theyurged him to leave"! Then he simply ran off.Now this crook is back on the streets.

LDS ward members in Texas stop gunman

Hey Sarge, I tried to check out the above link but I got to the Libertybell website and they had a comment "No hotlinking allowed".

Do you have a direct link to the article at all??

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

OH crap, that means all of my links are failing! I have to use a proxy at work, because of filter software on our server.

Let me tryto find it and I will post it.