Thread: I'm travelling to Arizona in January

Post imported post

i'm coming from florida, and that means i'll be passing through LA. i'm not sure if i'll be staying the night, or just passing through. anyways- from what i've been reading on here, i came up with that it is legal to open carry without a CWL, but not to do it in NO. i have applied for my FL CWL but they are 2 months behind, so i won't have it by the time i leave, so i'll have to do open carry as my first public carry of a firearm(XD40).

i'll take all kinds of comments and questions please- i don't want to get arrested or lose my baby(gun).

thanks!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

It's legal in New Orleans too. It's just that the cops there don't give a tinkers damn about the law. It's also legal in Gonzales but Mark got forced off the road and proned out before being taken to Parish Prison for doing it. It's legal in Hammond but a member here got detained for several hours at the Wal-Mart there while the LEOs tried to come up with a reason to arrest him. And so on and so on and...

See what I'm saying? Open Carry at your own risk.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    It's legal in New Orleans too. It's just that the cops there don't give a tinkers damn about the law. It's also legal in Gonzales but Mark got forced off the road and proned out before being taken to Parish Prison for doing it. It's legal in Hammond but a member here got detained for several hours at the Wal-Mart there while the LEOs tried to come up with a reason to arrest him. And so on and so on and...

yikes...maybe i better carry a copy of legislature with me?haha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

Don't OC 'til ya get to New Mexico.

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    yale wrote:

+100000000000

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    yale wrote:

Don't know if a copy would help seems like a bunch like to make up the laws as they need them.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Good grief, Charlie Brown. Jot down John Delgado's number, strap it on and go on about your business. What is it will all you cowards out there?
    i'm sorry if i sound stupid, but, who's john delgado??? and what is his number???:celebrate

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    I'm sorry, forgot you're not from around here.
    John Delgado is an attorney here in Baton Rouge who happened to settle an out-of-court settlement against the Gonzales police.
    While he's not "one of us," per se, he IS at least interested in handling lawsuits of this matter.
    225-383-5080. My wife has his number stored in her cell for "emergencies."
    i just put it in my phone. thanks!!! oh one more question- i am gonna look on handgunlaw.us but, what are the places i can't carry? i know they are different for each state. thanks