• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm travelling to Arizona in January

hammer6

imported post

i'm coming from florida, and that means i'll be passing through LA. i'm not sure if i'll be staying the night, or just passing through. anyways- from what i've been reading on here, i came up with that it is legal to open carry without a CWL, but not to do it in NO. i have applied for my FL CWL but they are 2 months behind, so i won't have it by the time i leave, so i'll have to do open carry as my first public carry of a firearm(XD40).

i'll take all kinds of comments and questions please- i don't want to get arrested or lose my baby(gun).

thanks!!!!!

sraacke

imported post

It's legal in New Orleans too. It's just that the cops there don't give a tinkers damn about the law. It's also legal in Gonzales but Mark got forced off the road and proned out before being taken to Parish Prison for doing it. It's legal in Hammond but a member here got detained for several hours at the Wal-Mart there while the LEOs tried to come up with a reason to arrest him. And so on and so on and...

See what I'm saying? Open Carry at your own risk.

hammer6

imported post

yale wrote:
It's legal in New Orleans too. It's just that the cops there don't give a tinkers damn about the law. It's also legal in Gonzales but Mark got forced off the road and proned out before being taken to Parish Prison for doing it. It's legal in Hammond but a member here got detained for several hours at the Wal-Mart there while the LEOs tried to come up with a reason to arrest him. And so on and so on and...

yikes...maybe i better carry a copy of legislature with me?haha

charlie12

imported post

hammer6 wrote:
yale wrote:

+100000000000

charlie12

imported post

hammer6 wrote:
yale wrote:

Don't know if a copy would help seems like a bunch like to make up the laws as they need them.

hammer6

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Good grief, Charlie Brown. Jot down John Delgado's number, strap it on and go on about your business. What is it will all you cowards out there?

i'm sorry if i sound stupid, but, who's john delgado??? and what is his number???:celebrate

imported post

I'm sorry, forgot you're not from around here.
John Delgado is an attorney here in Baton Rouge who happened to settle an out-of-court settlement against the Gonzales police.
While he's not "one of us," per se, he IS at least interested in handling lawsuits of this matter.
225-383-5080. My wife has his number stored in her cell for "emergencies."

hammer6

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I'm sorry, forgot you're not from around here.
John Delgado is an attorney here in Baton Rouge who happened to settle an out-of-court settlement against the Gonzales police.
While he's not "one of us," per se, he IS at least interested in handling lawsuits of this matter.
225-383-5080. My wife has his number stored in her cell for "emergencies."

i just put it in my phone. thanks!!! oh one more question- i am gonna look on handgunlaw.us but, what are the places i can't carry? i know they are different for each state. thanks:dude:

imported post

According to the Louisiana constitution, article 1 sec 11, there are NO exceptions to bearing arms. Granted, that doesn't apply to CCW.
I am in the process of trying to pin down the current dictatoress over at DMV and have her show me the law which says I cannot open carry there. If it's illegal, it should be simple for her to whoop it out on me. BAM !!!! Done.
I plan to post my results here.