Thread: M39 Mosin Nagant for sale or trade

State Researcher

Post imported post

$250 cash, FTF Western Washington only, or will trade for any TT-33 Tokarev pistol in .30 Tokarev, or for a Yugoslavian or Romanian SKS rifle, or consider swapping for equal dollar value in Mosin Nagant rifles.

This M39 is an ANTIQUE RECEIVER rifle, made at the Tula arsenal in 1897. The bore is very solid, with some minor frosting. It is a very good shooter, I personally don't like the sights on it. These are popular rifles with a very smooth action, and are getting harder to come by, espeically with the antique receiver. As you can tell from the pic it was built in 1944 by the VKT arsenal in Finland. The gun is the usual hodgepodge of parts that are found in Finnish rifles. All major serial numbers match.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN METRO PUGET SOUND, please do not make me offers. I want to sell this locally, as close to Olympia as possible, and don't want to be bothered with shipping, FFL's, etc... I'll take this up to Seattle or even Everett for the right deal, or about as far south as Yelm, but beyond that... Naturally anyone who wants to come and get it, I don't care where they come from... :P FTF, must have valid ID and or CPL.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Your rifle looks good from what I seen , but I might be in need of some education here, I was at big5 today at the mall and they had 3 of them for $89.00 each, are these way inferior?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Damn, I wish I had some money. And lived up there. Ah well, so goes life.

sudden valley gunner, the ones at Big 5 are good guns, this one is just a hell of a lot rarer and a bit better quality.

Edit: Also, Big 5 is selling M91/30's and M44's, which were made in massive quantities. The volume of them on the market and not their quality is what sets the price so low.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Right on thanks for the info.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

State Researcher

Post imported post

As Fogrider pointed out, this is something other than your run of the mill mosin nagant. A quick google on "M39 Mosin Nagant" will tell you all you need to know about these wonderful rifles.

Post imported post

Google "kicks like a mule"

Post imported post

bluer1 wrote:
    Google "kicks like a mule"
    Might as well ad "breathes fire" to that search.

State Researcher

Post imported post

The M39 is actually heavier than other Mosins. IIRC it is a pound heavier than an M1 Garand too.

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, USA

Post imported post

How's the bore look? I regret selling my near flawless M39s a few years ago. Great shooters for a military rifle.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Morris wrote:
    How's the bore look? I regret selling my near flawless M39s a few years ago. Great shooters for a military rifle.
    Lightly frosted in places, but very strong and solid rifling.