• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M39 Mosin Nagant for sale or trade

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

$250 cash, FTF Western Washington only, or will trade for any TT-33 Tokarev pistol in .30 Tokarev, or for a Yugoslavian or Romanian SKS rifle, or consider swapping for equal dollar value in Mosin Nagant rifles.

This M39 is an ANTIQUE RECEIVER rifle, made at the Tula arsenal in 1897. The bore is very solid, with some minor frosting. It is a very good shooter, I personally don't like the sights on it. These are popular rifles with a very smooth action, and are getting harder to come by, espeically with the antique receiver. As you can tell from the pic it was built in 1944 by the VKT arsenal in Finland. The gun is the usual hodgepodge of parts that are found in Finnish rifles. All major serial numbers match.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN METRO PUGET SOUND, please do not make me offers. I want to sell this locally, as close to Olympia as possible, and don't want to be bothered with shipping, FFL's, etc... I'll take this up to Seattle or even Everett for the right deal, or about as far south as Yelm, but beyond that... Naturally anyone who wants to come and get it, I don't care where they come from... :p FTF, must have valid ID and or CPL.

2910521173_94acec42ee.jpg

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Your rifle looks good from what I seen , but I might be in need of some education here, I was at big5 today at the mall and they had 3 of them for $89.00 each, are these way inferior?

FogRider

imported post

Damn, I wish I had some money. And lived up there. Ah well, so goes life.

sudden valley gunner, the ones at Big 5 are good guns, this one is just a hell of a lot rarer and a bit better quality.

Edit: Also, Big 5 is selling M91/30's and M44's, which were made in massive quantities. The volume of them on the market and not their quality is what sets the price so low.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

As Fogrider pointed out, this is something other than your run of the mill mosin nagant. A quick google on "M39 Mosin Nagant" will tell you all you need to know about these wonderful rifles.