• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women, Girls, and guns

DocV

imported post

I apologize if this link has been discussed before. I did a search and didn't find anything.

Anyway, the link takes you to a number of PSA type clips by a Canadian teenager named Katey Montegue. It seems like her father ran afoul of Canada's draconian gun laws.

The clips make for interesting viewing, almost like a parallel universe! :cool:Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kateysfirearmsfacts&view=videos

Hcidem

imported post

I've seem these before. I'm not sure if they have been linked to the forum, though.

I love her "ditzy teen" routine with the rolling of the eyes, etc. It became a little monotonous as I watched several clips in succession, but they are really entertaining. Her points are well made.

Squid13

imported post

I pray that my daughters grow up to be like Katey. She's my hero. I hope things work out well in the end for her family. They've been through so much already.

Squid13

imported post

So, as soon as my tax return comes in I'm buying an everyday carry gun. I'm going to name it Katey. :lol:

countrychic_262009

imported post

Hey, her family should be very proud of her... she is really smart, and it takes a lot of guts to do what she is doing. We all have to do what we can to protect our rights. Personally, I believe that every woman should be ready, willing and able to defend herself against any sort of threat, because there aren't always gonna be a man around to protect us from the bad guys, and we shouldn't have to depend on a man for protection anyway... No offense guys... but I won't apologize for my beliefs either.:quirky

Dahwg

imported post

countrychic_262009 wrote:
Hey, her family should be very proud of her... she is really smart, and it takes a lot of guts to do what she is doing. We all have to do what we can to protect our rights. Personally, I believe that every woman should be ready, willing and able to defend herself against any sort of threat, because there aren't always gonna be a man around to protect us from the bad guys, and we shouldn't have to depend on a man for protection anyway... No offense guys... but I won't apologize for my beliefs either.:quirky

I don't think there is a single man on here that would ask you to apologize for your beliefs countrychic. It is the very heart and soul of thevast majority ofwhat you'll see posted here. Wishthere were more ladies such as you in this world. :celebrate

countrychic_262009

imported post

Well it would at least get interesting, but I just don't think that many that know me would call me "ladylike"... LMAO. That's beside the point though.

:cool:

FMCDH

imported post

countrychic_262009 wrote:
Be careful what you wish for... LOL... More ladies like me in the world... that just might be scary... :what:
Isn't much I respect more than a woman ready and willing to defend herself and me.

Every guy should be so lucky as to have a wing-woman to walk through life together with, arm & armed. ;)

countrychic_262009

imported post

Most people I know are often aren't sure what to think about that, and some, mostly the guys, are often uncomfortable, but it's kinda funny... they just don't know what to think of me, but hey, that just means they don't get it right??????

Snake Eater

imported post

That was great. We need some Public Safety Announcements like that here Think about the STROKE people like Bloomberg or Pelosi or the entire Brady Bunch would have when they turn on their tv and see that. LOL

KansasMustang

imported post

My daughter is, and I'm not being predjudiced a very beautiful girl. Been told on numerous occasions she should have been a model. She's also very accurate, carries a Taurus :D 9MM. She was raised with and knows gun safety and will also not blink if it comes to her self defense. She tells other women, if you can't pull the trigger when the need becomes apparant don't carry the gun.