Thread: Antique firearms stolen in Hanover

Post imported post

http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=9573564

Antique firearms stolen in Hanover

Dec 23, 2008 06:33 PM EST

From NBC12 News

HANOVER, VA (NBC12) -The Hanover Sheriff's Office is looking for a thief with an eye for antiques.

Officials saysomeone broke into a van that was parked at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Mechanicsville and stole $23,000 worth of antique firearms.

The van's owner had just left The Showplace. The thief punched out the van's lock, stole the guns, as well as the vendor's proceeds for the day, and a credit card reader.

Some of the firearms date back to 1809.

If you have information about this case,please call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

(This, of course, is addressed to the press.)

Need more info. Did the credit card reader record the credit card numbers?

If it did, hopefully the vendor would notify the card holders.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I know that's not an open carry issue, but just be aware if anyone is offering antique firearms for sale. It would be nice if we could get a list of what he lost.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Not sure why the news is reporting this now - it happenedbefore November, at least.

The dealer was followed from the gun show. When he stopped to eat, his van was hit.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Not sure why the news is reporting this now - it happenedbefore November, at least.
    Really? I'm sorry - I thought this just happened. It did make me wonder if there was a gunshow over the weekend that I missed....

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Really? I'm sorry - I thought this just happened. It did make me wonder if there was a gunshow over the weekend that I missed....
    I just saw it on the TV news as well - my guess is Hanover didnt want the word spread yet.

When I was at the last gun show at RIR, so....November?....they made the announcement to watch where you stop after the show. They told us the same Cracker Barrel story, so it must have occurred in October maybe?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    ...SNIP
    they made the announcement to watch where you stop after the show. They told us the same Cracker Barrel story, so it must have occurred in October maybe?
    Humm... Looks like a perfect fishing hole for a sting. Set out the bait and sit in a rocking chair till you get a bite.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"