• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Military Preparing for Domestic Disturbances

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran

Flintlock

imported post

He evidently mentioned it in the December, 2003issue of Men's Lifestyle magazine.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml

I have posted the link belowof the entire document from the War College and it is quite disturbing. I noticed on page 31 and 32, it is mentioned that the military oath that will protect against all enemies, foreign and domesticappears to bethe main argument for using DOD forces inside the United States. Domestic enemies are not outlined in any detail.

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/display.cfm?pubID=890

Tomahawk

imported post

[align=justify]Already predisposed to defer to the primacy of civilian authorities in instances of domestic security and divest all but the most extreme demands in areas like civil support and consequence management, DoD might be forced by circumstances to put its broad resources at the disposal of civil authorities to contain and
reverse violent threats to domestic tranquility. Under the most extreme circumstances, this might include use of military force against hostile groups inside the United States. Further, DoD would be, by necessity, an essential enabling hub for the continuity of political [font="Book Antiqua,Book Antiqua"]authority in a multi-state or nationwide civil conflict [/font]or disturbance. [/align]
[align=justify]
[/align]
[align=justify]Wow.[/align]

wrightme

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
So outrageous a statement needs better provenance, the URL of a video of his speech or of his attributed writings. Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.
Priceless. :p

Article1section23

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/military_domestic_use/2008/12/23/164765.html?s=al&promo_code=763E-1

This has been reported before, but the last paragraph of this is worrisom.

snip:
And Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the U.S. military operations to liberate Iraq, said in a 2003 interview that if the U.S. is attacked with a weapon of mass destruction, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.
Task,

80 million gun owners....1 % might say the Constitution won't be discarded? If an attack of WMD did happen, I think that very quickly you would see the Militia enrollment shoot up and I'm talking about called up by the State(s) effected.

I took an oath of office also, but it doesn't appear to bethe one Tommy Franks took.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just wonder, if a group such as La Raza, the KKK, or Nation of Islam decides to impliment some sort of "disturbance" nation wide, who will be the first group blaming the gov't for doing nothing?

Or do some of these people really believe it would be best for the Gov't to step aside and let us have a civil war?

As far as I'm concerned, if something isn't done soon, the Marines will be doing a re-enactment of Fallujia in LA.

That's why I'm moving out in the country, and if that doesn't work, an island in the pacific. You primates might just screw this whole thing up.

KansasMustang

imported post

Ya know I get real tired of some folks thinkin' they're smarter or wiser or whatever than others. That comment, "you primates might just screw this whole thing up" was totally uncalled for and unjustified.
WE as a whole, not in part are going to be responsible for whatever happens, and I for one will not sit idly by and be barnstormed by the Fascist leftwing gungrabbin' bastidges that want to turn my beloved country into a slave state. So what I'm saying is if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem! So go on out to your Pacific Island and let the rest of us Patriots try and fix this mess we're in.:cuss:

MikeV

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Ya know I get real tired of some folks thinkin' they're smarter or wiser or whatever than others. That comment, "you primates might just screw this whole thing up" was totally uncalled for and unjustified.
WE as a whole, not in part are going to be responsible for whatever happens, and I for one will not sit idly by and be barnstormed by the Fascist leftwing gungrabbin' bastidges that want to turn my beloved country into a slave state. So what I'm saying is if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem! So go on out to your Pacific Island and let the rest of us Patriots try and fix this mess we're in.:cuss:

+1

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
So outrageous a statement needs better provenance, the URL of a video of his speech or of his attributed writings. Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.
:exclaim:

I would have to imagine such a statement by an active military officer would be seriously injurious to his career. Verification is an absolute with something so significant.

MetalChris

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

I would have to imagine such a statement by an active military officer would be seriously injurious to his career. Verification is an absolute with something so significant.
Good ole' Tommy's not Active...he's been retired since '03.

Tomahawk

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
I just wonder, if a group such as La Raza, the KKK, or Nation of Islam decides to impliment some sort of "disturbance" nation wide, who will be the first group blaming the gov't for doing nothing?

Or do some of these people really believe it would be best for the Gov't to step aside and let us have a civil war?

As far as I'm concerned, if something isn't done soon, the Marines will be doing a re-enactment of Fallujia in LA.

That's why I'm moving out in the country, and if that doesn't work, an island in the pacific. You primates might just screw this whole thing up.
So long.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Yeah but the OP said the quote was from '03. Perhaps he had just gotten out then opened his mouth. Still not what one might expect from a military officer, but then again look at Colin Powell's comments some years back about the Second Amendment and privately owned firearms.

MetalChris

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

Yeah but the OP said the quote was from '03. Perhaps he had just gotten out then opened his mouth. Still not what one might expect from a military officer, but then again look at Colin Powell's comments some years back about the Second Amendment and privately owned firearms.
Oops my bad.

RIF

Francis Marion

imported post

Gen Tommy Franks did not state any desire for the abolition of our Constitution, he warned against it. As testament to his words, just look at what happened in New Orleans; Constitutional rights were abandoned.

As for the theme of the original article, the military does train for domestic disturbances and has frequently had to deal with them but never on our own soil - with the exception of the National Guard - so, why would they not train for it especially while in the middle of two domestic conflicts?

I have seen these alarmist allegations appear many times and each of them fail to recognize one truth, that the military is composed of individuals that believe in the Constitution are not not mindless robots.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/military_domestic_use/2008/12/23/164765.html?s=al&promo_code=763E-1

This has been reported before, but the last paragraph of this is worrisom.

snip:
And Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the U.S. military operations to liberate Iraq, said in a 2003 interview that if the U.S. is attacked with a weapon of mass destruction, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.
I agree with him.With theway things have been dealt with in the past, and the way things seem to be going, this seems like a relatively accurate prediction. I'm not saying I think it's a good idea, and I don't believe he was either.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:

thats pretty ironic, coming from someone with the moniker 'prayingforwar', don't ya think?