• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet-N-Camp

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Sounds good to me, too. I feel the need to get rid of some lead, and the sound of coffee perc'ed over a campfire, with bacon and eggs on hot cast iron, is awful inviting. Mmmmm, artery clogging goodness...

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Sounds good to me, too. I feel the need to get rid of some lead, and the sound of coffee perc'ed over a campfire, with bacon and eggs on hot cast iron, is awful inviting. Mmmmm, artery clogging goodness...

...hobo pie...

SQLtables

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Guns & guitars...hmmm, wouldn't it be great if..? What kind of stuff do ya play, Tables? Are there any other music people here? springerdave. p.s. sorry off thread. (but maybe not).
I play drums. Right now I'm in a bar band, we play everything from classic rock, to new rock, oldies, a little country and even some hip-hop and Brittney Spears.

It'd be pretty cool to start an MOC band :quirky

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I have it on good authority that conservative has made some pretty loud noise after dark up there himself...:celebrate

taxwhat

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Guns & guitars...hmmm, wouldn't it be great if..? What kind of stuff do ya play, Tables? Are there any other music people here? springerdave. p.s. sorry off thread. (but maybe not).
I play drums. Right now I'm in a bar band, we play everything from classic rock, to new rock, oldies, a little country and even some hip-hop and Brittney Spears.

It'd be pretty cool to start an MOC band :quirky
FROM Public Relation stand point ,band that plays old to new with guns very very interesting 'Music soothes the beast "

conservative85

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
I have it on good authority that conservative has made some pretty loud noise after dark up there himself...:celebrate

Not guitar noise!...& Not drums noise!...;)

Hey Taurus should I lift the one & only rule on the property for this event?

THway

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I am inviting any M.O.C.& friends of O.C. to join my family for a camping trip for a weekend in Frederic Michigan. It is approx. 20 min. north of Graying onM 27. Thereare 5 acres ofvacant land plenty of room for tents, pop ups, and medium sized campers. There is no running water or electricity(sorry this in not the KOA).

There is however a nice Bon fire pit! and plenty of room for Shooting!:celebrate. I would also like to get a roughnumber of peoplewho can show for a canoe trip. I may be able to get a discount on a group trip at a great secluded mom & pops canoe livery. I would like to try for mid June or end of July the sooner the better. Any suggestions on a date is welcome.
who owns this "land"? what is this property zoned as? for the property? and how are the entrances to this property???

conservative85

imported post

THway wrote: who owns this "land"? what is this property zoned as? for the property? and how are the entrances to this property???

My mother holds the deed, but because of her health I am theincharge of it.It is zoned residential/church and it is outside city limits. there are two ways in and out which are both two track rds. It boarders state land on the west and a river on the east. all the lots are 5 acres or better and no occuoied dwellings on the west where most of the land owners do most of their shooting. We will be in good company!

taxwhat

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
THway wrote: who owns this "land"? what is this property zoned as? for the property? and how are the entrances to this property???

My mother holds the deed, but because of her health I am theincharge of it.It is zoned residential/church and it is outside city limits. there are two ways in and out which are both two track rds. It boarders state land on the west and a river on the east. all the lots are 5 acres or better and no occuoied dwellings on the west where most of the land owners do most of their shooting. We will be in good company!
Not against it but can you say Woodstock .grass lake and heath law on human waste ?

taxwhat

imported post

joshuaeberly wrote:
if the dates work out with work, I'm all about that. my only question is?? should I bring my O.C. friendly friends?? or my not so friendly wife ??? hmmmmm.
My soon to not be married friend please list your guns so we may be the one to purchase first .

joshuaeberly

imported post

lol, you are funny. she "allows" me to do my "crazy" gun thing. and knows better than to "not allow" me to do my "crazy" gun thing. lol. I married a city girl, and am still in the process of educating her regarding gun owners.
as an example of what I'm up against. when her dad split, he was loading his truck, and brought out a couple rifle cases from the basement, her ma just about shit a brick. apparently, in 25 years of marriage, he had not dared let her know he owned a .22 and a 20ga. my wife has accepted the fact that there will be guns in the house, and on my person. she has accepted the fact that as soon as my boy learns to mind, he will be learning to properly, and safely, operate each and every one of my firearms. and once the next one is weaned, she'll be taking her CPL course (for legal purposes, I don't think she'll ever be comfortable with the idea).
so, my marriage will last. and as far as my guns, that's a list that'll be via PM, or in person. I don't want that stuff on the interweb, then, the federales will know how many to look for when they're goin door to door.

viperar15

imported post

i'm not a music player, but i own the sound system and mixing board, etc that bands use ;-) i've got the stuff to make things LOUD :-D

june or july i shouldn't have much going on. would be cool to come out and meet some of ya, plus by then i would have my cpl. still waiting on that to come back :)