Thread: Murder/ Suicide in South Dakota

Post imported post

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/81224031

This took place less than three blocks from my office.

There are no happy tales ofself defence here, from what has been released so far, the husband showed up in the lot and killed his wife, and then himself.

I am always hearing things like, " You live in a small town with one of the lowest crime rates in the nation, why would you carry a gun?"

Because crazy people are everywhere, I dont know anyone that doesnt have a spare tire in their trunk... A handgun in the waistband to me makes as much sense as keeping a shovel in your trunk in the winter time... its all just in case SHTF

Post imported post

http://www.kdlt.com/news/1224n1.html

from what is being said, supposidly the wife was having an affair, husband found out, killed her, and himself in the parking lot...

From what im hearing there werent any witnesses, but i think HSBC has video survelence of the lot.

Its really creepy, the building usualy has ~1000 employees on site at any given time, I drovebyonmy way to work, and there were probably only six or seven cars there this morning.

Post imported post

Looks like the wife shouldn't have been a ****.

Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas, USA

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    Thanks MetalChris. I'm glad you are here to, ever so eloquently, make us look like monsters. Save the snark for 4Chan or Fark. I'd prefer your poorly-timed sarcasm not taint the quality of this forum.

AC

Post imported post

He wasnt being sarcastic the wife really shouldnt have been a **** although I dont believe she deserved the actions the husband took.

Post imported post

ACEllis wrote:
    MetalChris wrote:
    Thanks MetalChris. I'm glad you are here to, ever so eloquently, make us look like monsters. Save the snark for 4Chan or Fark. I'd prefer your poorly-timed sarcasm not taint the quality of this forum.

AC
    You're welcome! Fortunately for me I don't really care what you prefer.

Have a nice evening.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

Have a nice evening
    We should all be cognizant of the effect of our words and attitudes as it reflects on OCDO in this very public forum. To do otherwise can never be justified.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    MetalChris wrote:

Have a nice evening
    We should all be cognizant of the effect of our words and attitudes as it reflects on OCDO in this very public forum. To do otherwise can never be justified.

Yata hey
    /tip-toeing on eggshells

This is so fun!

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    hahaha very true!! i thought i was the only one thinking it

As much as i wish this incident didnt occur and that the guy just get over it rather then taking her life, i cannot spare sympathy toward her death because i have been in that guys shoes before and know how it feels.

Post imported post

I think it was rather poorly worded, but true non the less. Cheating is about as low as low gets. If she wasn't cheating it wouldn't have happened.

Post imported post

This is a murder/suicide... Why is it even a topic in this forum?

Post imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
    I think it was rather poorly worded, but true non the less. Cheating is about as low as low gets. If she wasn't cheating it wouldn't have happened.
    LoL. Maybe it was poorly worded, but then again maybe the wife shouldn't have been a *****. ****** turn otherwise good men into murderers.

Of course I don't condone what this dude did to his nasty cheating wife, but I completely understand why he did it.

Post imported post

Maybe I'm a bit radical here but I really don't see why monogamy is so important in the first place. Loving someone does not mean you now possess them. I can certainly see someone getting extremely angry when in a monogamous relationship their wife/GF breaks the agreement and cheats but that still does not justify violence. We are armchair quarterbacking here a little bit. She may have just been a bad wife in the first place and did this kind of thing regularly. It is also possible that he was a bad husband and she lost interest and pursued her interests with someone else. Not to bring up a "too much info" situation but I was in a relationship with a girl for awhile and found out she was cheating so I remedied the situation myself by cheating on her. Then she had no reason to get mad when it got found out because I already had the scoop on her. Again maybe I'm radical here but I honestly don't have any moral objection to people screwing whoever they please. I don't like women who want to control me and likewise I won't control them. If you are in a true relationship with true love you don't have anything to worry about in the first place anyway.

Post imported post

protector84 wrote:
    "I can certainly see someone getting extremely angry when in a monogamous relationship their wife/GF breaks the agreement and cheats..."

If the couple agrees to be open then it's fine, I suspect that isn't the case here.

"We are armchair quarterbacking here a little bit."

Your right, but that's kind of the point of most forums. We aren't deciding his fate, we are just putting up our opinions based on what we have.

"It is also possible that he was a bad husband and she lost interest and pursued her interests with someone else."

Then she should have left him not cheated on him

"Not to bring up a "too much info" situation but I was in a relationship with a girl for awhile and found out she was cheating so I remedied the situation myself by cheating on her."

Two wrongs don't make a right. He committed a crime of passion, right or wrong it's a little different than cheating on someone because they cheated on you.

But I'm armchair quarterbacking too. They are just my opinions, you can take 'em or leave 'em. That's just how it is on the internet.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    This is a murder/suicide... Why is it even a topic in this forum?
    +1

Why would we associate ourselves with this type of news? None of us own guns for the purpose of unlawful activity, such as murder.

Post imported post

EDIT: never mind...not worth the trouble.