• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Holidays From OpenCarry.org

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Merry.jpg

Tactical_Santa3.jpg
[font="freestyle script,arial,verdanna"]

[/font]
[font="freestyle script,arial,verdanna"]Mike and I want to wish the members of OpenCarry.org and all law-abiding gun owners worldwide, a very Merry Christmas!

For those who do not celebrate Christmas, we wish you the happiest of holiday seasons! [/font]

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

[font="freestyle script,arial,verdanna"]Year End Update
We cannot thank our members enough for their generous financial support of our Texas Open Carry Initiative during the year!

I spoke yesterday with Representative Riddle's office and she has expressed a very strong interest in patroning our open carry bill. Her legislative aid told me that our radio ads are working! And we owe them all to you!

For those of you who gave and have not yet had your member status updated, I apologize deeply. As you know, both Mike and I are in law school and December is an exam month. But we have both completed our exams and have time for our lives once again. :monkey If your status has not been updated, please let me know and I will get it fixed.

We are still attempting to run more ads in the Panhandle and other parts of Texas and we have until January 10th when bills are filed to reach even more people. So if you are able, please consider helping us one more time to spread the word before the Texas Legislature comes into session.

For those of you in other states, we have learned so much this year working in Texas that we hope to bring to bear on the other states where open carry is still illegal. Florida ... Oklahoma ... we haven't forgotten about you guys!

Again ... Thanks to you all from all walks of life. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Al-Hijira, and a belated Eid Mubarak!
[/font]

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

To each and EVERYONE 'MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR".

in other words HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

sccrref

imported post

Our family wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year!!! Please do not draw down on Santa as I think he is also an OC & 2A supporter.

ChanFu

imported post

jpierce wrote:
We cannot thank our members enough for their generous financial support of our Texas Open Carry Initiative during the year!

I spoke yesterday with Representative Riddle's office and she has expressed a very strong interest in patroning our open carry bill. Her legislative aid told me that our radio ads are working! And we owe them all to you!

For those of you who gave and have not yet had your member status updated, I apologize deeply. As you know, both Mike and I are in law school and December is an exam month. But we have both completed our exams and have time for our lives once again. :monkey If your status has not been updated, please let me know and I will get it fixed.

We are still attempting to run more ads in the Panhandle and other parts of Texas and we have until January 10th when bills are filed to reach even more people. So if you are able, please consider helping us one more time to spread the word before the Texas Legislature comes into session.

For those of you in other states, we have learned so much this year working in Texas that we hope to bring to bear on the other states where open carry is still illegal. Florida ... Oklahoma ... we haven't forgotten about you guys!

Again ... Thanks to you all from all walks of life. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Al-Hijira, and a belated Eid Mubarak!
[/font]
That was actually a really nice messaage. Thanks. Of course I wouldn't be here if I didn't support responsible and legal open and/or concealed carry of individual firearms (not to mention ownership). I'm sure that we can do it, even if we have to fill the jails with civil criminals such as ourselves. I dragged my Barrett .50 around Costco all day in the shopping cart and didn't get even a hint of oppression. Maybe it was because I had a Taurus M1911 in each hand and I was sucking on a North American Arms .380... Hard to tell...

tsannicolas

imported post

ChanFu wrote:
That was actually a really nice messaage. Thanks. Of course I wouldn't be here if I didn't support responsible and legal open and/or concealed carry of individual firearms (not to mention ownership). I'm sure that we can do it, even if we have to fill the jails with civil criminals such as ourselves. I dragged my Barrett .50 around Costco all day in the shopping cart and didn't get even a hint of oppression. Maybe it was because I had a Taurus M1911 in each hand and I was sucking on a North American Arms .380... Hard to tell...
can we ban the troll now?

RogueWarrior

imported post

May everyone here have a great and merry Christmas and may Santa bring you a lot of fun presents :celebrate :D

GWbiker

imported post

And a Merry Christmas to all on OpenCarry.org from Arizona, home of the "Wild West" that's so often portrayed by the Media.:banghead:

rodbender

imported post

I want to thank you 2 for the effort and time and finacial supportyou have put intomaking Texas anopen carry state. I still have a lot of confidence that we will, but even if we don't get it this time around, we have moved a giant step toward it. For that, us'ens down here in Texas, say thanks.

Hoping all the members of OCDOhave a very merry Christmas and a very happy new year. Yep, even the trolls.

Overtaxed

imported post

Thank you for the site and the holiday wishes.

I LOVE the "Tactical Santa" - I'm assuming that he has more than coal for those on his "naughty" list?

I remember a Christmas cartoon that was done in 1983, in the wake of the Korean Airlines shoot-down by the Soviets. It showed MIG fighter jets banking away from a trail of smoke and presents.

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Merry Christmas, God Bless America and remember Jesus is the reason for the season not the elf hehe, so blessings to all this joyous day and remember no matter what we are truly a blessed Nation.
It's all about Jesus!

Challenges have a purpose. I believe they are tools God uses to grow us into the image of His Son. The way we handle the challenges we face determines our character. Challenges give us the opportunity to show others who is in control of our lives...to make Jesus Christ known to others. Edwina Patterson

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

and to the few trolls/liberals around:[size=

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
]
[/size]

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

jpierce wrote:

I spoke yesterday with Representative Riddle's office and she has expressed a very strong interest in patroning our open carry bill.  Her legislative aid told me that our radio ads are working!  And we owe them all to you!

For those of you who gave and have not yet had your member status updated, I apologize deeply.  As you know, both Mike and I are in law school and December is an exam month.  But we have both completed our exams and have time for our lives once again.  :monkey  If your status has not been updated, please let me know and I will get it fixed.

We are still attempting to run more ads in the Panhandle and other parts of Texas and we have until January 10th when bills are filed to reach even more people.  So if you are able, please consider helping us one more time to spread the word before the Texas Legislature comes into session.

For those of you in other states, we have learned so much this year working in Texas that we hope to bring to bear on the other states where open carry is still illegal.  Florida ... Oklahoma ... we haven't forgotten about you guys!

Again ... Thanks to you all from all walks of life.  Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah,  Happy Al-Hijira, and a belated Eid Mubarak!
[/font]
So does this mean we have someone to carry our bill this coming session?It's all about Jesus!

Challenges have a purpose. I believe they are tools God uses to grow us into the image of His Son. The way we handle the challenges we face determines our character. Challenges give us the opportunity to show others who is in control of our lives...to make Jesus Christ known to others. Edwina Patterson

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

+1 to all the thanks and kudos.

Mike and John are the ones that make this all possible. I sincerely thank them and each and everyone of you that have offered your support.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes!

Yata hey