• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plaxico Burress' home seized and searched by government agents

Tomahawk

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:
Last I checked no states require the use of a holster. Are we to start hunting for charges to press against any person who doesn't use one?

I never said that he should be charged with carrying without a holster (and yes in the state of Ohio you are required to carry in a holster.) All I said was an ignorant moronic fool that Mexican carries into a crowded nightclub more than likely doesn't give a flying f*ck about the law.

You also said you hope he gets hung out to dry. Which tells me you think the second ammendment is only for people you happen to like.

The problem with that is that if they can screw over Burress, they can screw over you, too.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:
Last I checked no states require the use of a holster. Are we to start hunting for charges to press against any person who doesn't use one?

I never said that he should be charged with carrying without a holster (and yes in the state of Ohio you are required to carry in a holster.) All I said was an ignorant moronic fool that Mexican carries into a crowded nightclub more than likely doesn't give a flying f*ck about the law.
Make that Ohio and Georgia. Concealed carry in GA requires that "...person may only carry the pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm only in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, or any other holster (ankle holster, crotch holster, fanny pack holster, pocket holster,ect) and also a hipgrip or any other similar securing device..." [excerpted]

(( NOT a disagreement with Marshaul, I'm just being picky :p))

MetalChris

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:
You also said you hope he gets hung out to dry. Which tells me you think the second ammendment is only for people you happen to like.

The problem with that is that if they can screw over Burress, they can screw over you, too.
You're right, I overreacted a bit. I'm just exceedingly tired of these so-called "professional athletes" who think they're above the law.

Tomahawk

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:

You're right, I overreacted a bit. I'm just exceedingly tired of these so-called "professional athletes" who think they're above the law.

I'm quite a bit more tired of so-called "professional police officers" and "professional attornies" and of course "professional politicians" who thinkthey are above the state and federal constitutions.

It's okay to say Burress is a nitwit. It's probably true. But you gotta keep your eye on the ball.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:

Half-right. You said he should be "hung out to dry", so although you don't think he should be charged with no-holster carry, presumably you do think he should be charged with NY unconstitutional no-issue carry restrictions.

Furthermore, I can't say I give much of a "flying f*ck" what the law is either, when the law in question is so patently unconstitutional. So, even if our motivations are different, you're not going to find me caring about Burress' lack of respect for the law.

canadian

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
I'm just exceedingly tired of these so-called "professional athletes" who think they're above the law.
I read somewhere that professional athletes are 20 times more likely to be murdered than the average citizen. Maybe he had a legitimate concern for his personal safety, unconstitutional laws aside.

Jizzzle

imported post

I say Plexico Burress deserves a pat on the back for carrying even if he's almost killed himself. He'sput this in thefaces of a lot of people that normally wouldn't know/care about NYC's carry/nocarry laws. BUT, what can we do to take advantage of the situation? Sit here and say... "that dude's a Fkin reatard, god i wish he had killed himself".. That's not productive. Unfortunatly his sentence will likely get pled down to something really not painful and he will roll with it and do what he needs to do because it's the easiest/laziest way out and the only way to probably/possibly continue his career in the NFL. Who's got any ideas as far as what we can do to spotlight this? It's a huge target for us just sitting there. Public sports figure, excercising his constitutional rights has an accident, and is getting railed by the police in 2 states. They are trying to set an example with his because of his status. What can we do to set a reverse example of him because of his status? What they are doing is super illegal according to the constitution. They have screwed up in my opinion by trying to pull this over on someone that is this much of a public figure. But, it is left of to us and everyone to jump on this opportunity. We need ideas.

Jizzzle

imported post

it's probably better to start with guys thatare part of thissite like mr stollenwerk and go up the chain that way. people like mr Gura et probably won't just talk to anyone.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If the ACLU or NAACP were legitimate organizations they would be supporting Plaxico. They won't because they drink at the troth of radical liberalism. For the life of me I still can't understand how New Jersey plays a role in the lynching of Plaxico.

The media loves to destroy a prominant black man, but they have rules of engagement. Being black or flamboyant isn't enough. They have to have something like dog fighting, guns, or the phony rape of a trashy white woman.

MetalChris

imported post

marshaul wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Marshaul wrote:

Half-right. You said he should be "hung out to dry", so although you don't think he should be charged with no-holster carry, presumably you do think he should be charged with NY unconstitutional no-issue carry restrictions.
It's the principle of the matter. I'll guaran-Goddamn-tee you that Plaxico Burress didn't violate NY's (unconstitutional) gun laws out of principle. He did it because he thought he was above the law. Trust me, he's not going to do anything to get NY's laws overturned, and he's going to do nothing for our cause.

Furthermore, I can't say I give much of a "flying f*ck" what the law is either, when the law in question is so patently unconstitutional. So, even if our motivations are different, you're not going to find me caring about Burress' lack of respect for the law.

So what you're saying is next time you visit NYC (or DC, or Chicago) that you're gonna be Mexican carrying everywhere you go?

Didn't think so.

Gordie

imported post

Although I am not sure if his is a good test case for the charges in New York due to the fact that he screwed up in so many ways (and no I don't think that he should be hung out to dry. As I've said in other threads, he should face charges related to the negligent discharge and damages incurred as a result. These are pretty minor things from a legal standpoint).

The actions taken in New Jersey are totally beyond anything that is reasonable. This would definitely make a good test case IMO. I hope that he actually fights this instead of taking the easy way out and plea bargain it all away.

MetalChris

imported post

Gordie wrote:
Although I am not sure if his is a good test case for the charges in New York due to the fact that he screwed up in so many ways
And due to the fact that he's borderline retarded.

Tomahawk

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Gordie wrote:
Although I am not sure if his is a good test case for the charges in New York due to the fact that he screwed up in so many ways
And due to the fact that he's borderline retarded.

Again, it's irrelevant. He had a right to carry his gun Mexican-style in NYC. Why he carried it, or what he was thinking is unknowable, unless you can read minds. To protect his right is to protect your own.

Archie Bunker-style prejudgment is not helpful.

MetalChris

imported post

I need the right to shoot moronic fools who put my life at risk by carrying guns improperly. As soon as I have that right, I'll fight for little Plaxy.

Jizzzle

imported post

this is my own opinion but that's a bit extreme. shooting a man because he's uneducated in the proper carry of a sidearm. it only takes 2 minutes and then you have another educated OC/CCer on our side instead of a corpse.

MetalChris

imported post

Yeah, I'm sure Burress and others like him are reeeeal interested in learning about "proper carry."

Gimme a break man.

Gordie

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure Burress and others like him are reeeeal interested in learning about "proper carry."

Gimme a break man.
I bet he would be interested now. If he had been carrying properly, this would never have happened. Let this be a lesson to all.