• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im ready

nick7871

imported post

OK guys just want to be clear about what I should have on me as far asregistration for the firearm and what not, I have read many hours and story's and lawsmore than once (lmao) for weeks now before I registered.

Tape recorder.. check!! hope I don't have to use it.

Id,"even if I don't really need it" Check!!

My colt .45, Check!!! :lol:

Should I have my gun registration on me as well?? Just in-case of an LEO encounter?

If some one could please just runthrough a fewitems I should make sure I have on me just to secure my self from any offence... Or a piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.

And P.SI feel very confidentand knowledgeable to be out in public and OC.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!

WARCHILD

imported post

Welcome to OCDO....... just a couple of things.

1. Common sense
2. Good Attitude: i.e......kill them with kindness
3. Confidence....not cockiness.
4. Since you did not specify.......AMMO.....:p

5. Enjoy what does'nt happen

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And don't forget the short and long versions of why you open carry so you are ready to educate the uneducated as to how they can protect themselves in todays cruel world. I am simply amazed anyone would even ask why there is a need to be armed, does noone but me read the newspapers and watch the news anymore?

I should take that back, my folks completely stopped reading the news because of the same reason I chose to be armed, go figure.

Hcidem

imported post

After January 7, those without a CPLwill be required to carry their pistol purchaselicensefor 30 days after purchasing a new pistol. There is no statutory requirement to carry this copy outside of this time frame. I prefer to keep such items safe at home in the event there are any future questions about the purchase being legally recorded.

Optional items you might consider carrying include educational materials about open carry or OCDO, and the contact information of a competent attorney in the event you are mistakenly arrested or actually involved in a defensive shooting.

nick7871

imported post

Thank you all very much for the advice and for the great information that has been provided to me, and with in the next few days when I decide to leave my house "I've been so lazyand there'sa lot of left overfood at my house" lol,I will post where I went and the response if any. Hopefully just positive and maybe even get the chance to educate some one who would like toOC as well (Spread the word if you will) only if asked though!!! I was thinking, what do you guys think about sending a letter out to the Farmington HillsPD???Ireally want them to getthe info. I do not see all of theFHPD understandingthe laws on OC. I have NOT contacted them at all but im sure someLEO will soon approachmeto ask questions and im prepared for that with confidence and kindness just thought a letter or email will maybe save me a little hassle if any at all....

Nick C