• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

JBURGII

imported post

Merry Christmas!!

My story so far includes class B misdemeanors, crispy grand firs, marathon Wal-Mart trips and last minute trips to replace the tree.. one of my stocking stuffers better be labeled jaegermeister.. all in all a very ... different holiday season.. oh boy and we ain't even gotten to New Years!I think I'm gonna just hide!

:D James

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Pamiam wrote:
I'd love to read your Christmas story!

Woke up super early to do last minute shopping. Barely got to work on time. Went to pick up the food for the office lunchparty. Got completely blasted at the bar while waiting for it. Went back to work drunk. Ate lots of food. Enjoyed a mid-day hangover until a few hours ago.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Woke up super early to do last minute shopping.  Barely got to work on time.  Went to pick up the food for the office lunch party.  Got completely blasted at the bar while waiting for it.  Went back to work drunk.  Ate lots of food.  Enjoyed a mid-day hangover until a few hours ago.
Well, am I glad I don't participate in holiday insanity. What you describe really sounds like a bad punishment to me. :shock:

Edit: That is, with the sole exception of the "ate lots of food" part. :p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pamiam wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone!

Just got word -- after 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve, mind you -- that I won the auction on GunBroker.com for my husband's current #1 want.

We won the bidding on a Star PD, excellent condition, with 6 magazines!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Woke up super early to do last minute shopping. Barely got to work on time. Went to pick up the food for the office lunchparty. Got completely blasted at the bar while waiting for it. Went back to work drunk. Ate lots of food. Enjoyed a mid-day hangover until a few hours ago.
Well, am I glad I don't participate in holiday insanity. What you describe really sounds like a bad punishment to me. :shock:

I drink once a month or less and only get drunk on mybirthday, new years, and christmas. It's just enough to kill the urge to do it again until the next event. After today I don't think I'll even drink new years. Feeling like crap all afternoon wasted a day.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
marshaul wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Woke up super early to do last minute shopping.  Barely got to work on time.  Went to pick up the food for the office lunch party.  Got completely blasted at the bar while waiting for it.  Went back to work drunk.  Ate lots of food.  Enjoyed a mid-day hangover until a few hours ago.

I drink once a month or less and only get drunk on my birthday, new years, and christmas.  It's just enough to kill the urge to do it again until the next event.  After today I don't think I'll even drink new years.  Feeling like crap all afternoon wasted a day.
Well, sounds like we have more in common than I would have guessed. I don't plan to drink on New Year's either. It's not that I'm any sort of teetotaler either, I just share your sentiment that "feeling like crap all afternoon [wastes] a day". ;)

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Family in town. Son's home from college. Possibility of some shotgun time this weekend. The blessings just keep coming. Merry Christmas y'all.

Bebop

imported post

Not much to my story. Get a week and a half off work to go home and hang out with friends and family. We may get a huge snowstorm tomorrow dropping anywhere from 18"-4' of snow:D. Later this week will probably get to go to the range and do some skeet shooting, and practice with the rest of my guns :celebrate.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Pamiam

imported post

The Christmas story which stands out most:

We were following friends to their place for a bit of Christmas cheer and comraderie, and stopped by the local grocery store on the way. We waited in our car while one of our friends went into the store. All parking spaces in our row beyond us were vacant.

A little beater car came through the lot and drove up to our car, driver window to driver window, and the driver motioned us to put the window down. The driver was a white male in his mid-upper 30's, and he had a white female passenger about the same age.

We put the window down.

He said, "I hate to bother you, but can you drive up to the McDonald's (nearby) with us and buy us a burger? We just need some food. I've asked 3 people so far and they've cussed me out! I really don't want your money. I'd be grateful if you would just stop by McDonald's and pay for a burger".

He seemed both exasperated and sincere, and was definitely sober. No sign of any sort of "high".

I reached for my wallet, but didn't have very high hopes. I didn't know if there was any cash in it or not, but if so it was meager. I rarely carry any.

Jack beat me to it, and gave the guy the $5.00 bill from his.

He was very grateful.

When our friend came out and we went on, we passed the McDonald's. Sure enough, they were there.

I wish we could have done more.

I don't know these folks' story, but please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Flintlock

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
The Christmas story which stands out most:

We were following friends to their place for a bit of Christmas cheer and comraderie, and stopped by the local grocery store on the way. We waited in our car while one of our friends went into the store. All parking spaces in our row beyond us were vacant.

A little beater car came through the lot and drove up to our car, driver window to driver window, and the driver motioned us to put the window down. The driver was a white male in his mid-upper 30's, and he had a white female passenger about the same age.

We put the window down.

He said, "I hate to bother you, but can you drive up to the McDonald's (nearby) with us and buy us a burger? We just need some food. I've asked 3 people so far and they've cussed me out! I really don't want your money. I'd be grateful if you would just stop by McDonald's and pay for a burger".

He seemed both exasperated and sincere, and was definitely sober. No sign of any sort of "high".

I reached for my wallet, but didn't have very high hopes. I didn't know if there was any cash in it or not, but if so it was meager. I rarely carry any.

Jack beat me to it, and gave the guy the $5.00 bill from his.

He was very grateful.

When our friend came out and we went on, we passed the McDonald's. Sure enough, they were there.

I wish we could have done more.

I don't know these folks' story, but please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

That is a cheerful story Pamiam. Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you for your service to our country.

xmas-smiley-7612.gif

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone!

Just got word -- after 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve, mind you -- that I won the auction on GunBroker.com for my husband's current #1 want.

We won the bidding on a Star PD, excellent condition, with 6 magazines!
Congratulations to both of you!

No story; My wife and I were naughty and opened all of our x-mas presents a week or two ago :p

Merry Christmas everyone.

CrossFire

imported post

Nothing special here. Got together with family at my mothers house as alway. One of my nephews, a Marine just back from Iraq, and I have decided to go to the range at my gun club and go to the gun show this weekend. He is going to be discharged this summer and wants to become a Dallas police officer, now if we can just get the other nephew, who is still over there, back in one piece all will be right with the world.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pamiam wrote:
Did anyone get a firearm? Holster? Conceal purse? Ammo? License? Gift certificate?

I got my husband an AK. Pictures and description forthcoming. :D
I bought my husband a .40 cal handgun to add to his collection of Star firearms.

Then on Christmas eve, we won a gunbroker auction for a .45 Star.

So he got TWO!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My family got me a Browning Buckmark.

Now I have a .22 pistol with a frame similar to my carry gun -- a 1911.

Watch out criminals! :lol:

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
My family got me a Browning Buckmark.

Now I have a .22 pistol with a frame similar to my carry gun -- a 1911.

Watch out criminals! :lol:
Watch out for the .22? Or watch out for the soon to be very well practiced 1911 owner? :lol: