Thread: TV Show hits on 2A rights

Post imported post

When recently watching the 2nd season of Bones i came across something in episode 12 that made me play it again to see if what I heard was what I heard. It seams as though one of the characters makes a pro 2A statement. Ill let you decide for yourself.

To set it up for those who don't watch the show, Bones is a series about a forensic anthropologist named Bones. She in just about every episode up till episode 12 continues to asks her FBI partner for a gun to which he always tells her she don't need one. To me this clip shows 2 sides to the gun ownership debate, Booth the FBI agent who is against Bones a private citizen having firearm and Bones who takes a stand and gets a firearm on her own because she knows shes entitled to own a firearm.

This clip starts off with Angela asking bones how she deals with the fear of being attacked. The rest is self explanatory although the clip deals with the size of the gun in a suggestive manner. The statement is made at the end of the clip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33668550@N07/3135438969/

Post imported post

"...anybody sees you with that, pretty soon everybody's gonna be packing!"

"Yeah? Well, get used to it. This is America."

FTW. :celebrate

Banned

Post imported post

FoGKeebler wrote:
    To set it up for those who don't watch the show, Bones is a series about a forensic anthropologist named Bones.

The ultra-corny irony keeps me from watching it.

Thumbs up to them for portraying the "anti" guy as the ********* and giving her a good comeback.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

What's the trick to watching this clip? All I get is a plack box.

Post imported post

According to Flickr, the video is played in Adobe Flash Player 10. So if you don't have the latest version it wont play.

Post imported post

Awesome clip!

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    FoGKeebler wrote:
    To set it up for those who don't watch the show, Bones is a series about a forensic anthropologist named Bones.

The ultra-corny irony keeps me from watching it.

Thumbs up to them for portraying the "anti" guy as the ********* and giving her a good comeback.
    Her name isn't actually Bones it's Temperance Brennan. Bones is the nickname the FBI agent gave her since that's what she works with all day long.

It's a good show, you should give it a chance.

Post imported post

The novels are so much better. I like the TV show but they had to dumb it down and Hollywood it up so much it's barely a shadow of the character from the novels.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

The show isn't really pro-2A, they were just throwing you a bone. [har har har]

Post imported post

Yeah, I know it is TV, but while her finger control was good, her muzzle awareness was disastrous.

Post imported post

i flinched involuntarily about 10 times watching her point at her costars... if i was in the room she woulda gotten slapped and the gun taken from her, not nessesarily in that order.

Post imported post

It looked to me like it was a S&W .500, yeah that's a good gun for a beginner.:shock: I would like to see her actually try to use it for more than a prop.

Post imported post

I don't remember the name of the movie (maybe it was the same as the quote) but I'm sure you all remember the famous line:
    "Stop! Or my Mon will Shoot!"
    That last comment just reminded me of that....

Post imported post

ya i know the movie. it was actually called.. "stop or my mom will shoot" ironically enough.. good movie. pretty funny.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Gordie wrote:
    It looked to me like it was a S&W .500, yeah that's a good gun for a beginner.:shock: I would like to see her actually try to use it for more than a prop.
    Yea it is supposed to be a .500 mag. Somehow, in the filming it looks too small to actually be a "X" frame. I think they may be using a 629 for filming and just are calling it a .500. It is hard to tell from watching the show, but it just looks too small in her had to be a .500 mag.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Actually they're not too bad with the light loads as long as you're ready for it. I know several people who own them and it's not much worse than a .44 mag. If you use heavy loads, OUCH! There is just no way to make it pleasant.

For someone who doesn't have shooting experience though, it could be interesting regardless of the load used. Better to have a smaller gun that you can master than a cannon that you can't control.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I would have to vote a S&W 500 with a 4" barrel. If fired, it wouldmost likely smack her in the face like in this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM2jRrv0dCM
    Well the one in my avatar is a .500 4".

The recoil is not all that big a deal. In fact I modified one of the non-vented barrel attachments from the .475 so it would fit the .500 and installed it on mine. I prefer not to have a functioning compensator on the 4". The gas vents on the standard pistol are VERY loud, and while I suppose they help a lot on the long barrel models where there is some leverage, on the four inch, they just blow hot gas in your sight picture. Also I want to be able to load and carry snake shot in this and those holes in the top of the barrel would not work well in combination with that.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

In season 3 episode 5 "Mummy in the maze" she fires the gun 2 times near the end.

Its actually kind of funny because this being a Halloween episode she (Bones) is dressed as Wonder Women. When her and the FBI agent go to catch the killer she suddenly appears with the gun. Booth the agent looks at her and asked where exactly did she hide that thing. Later in the clip she makes a comment about her gun being too big for her.

I uploaded the clip and edited out most of the mundane portions because the entire clip is roughly 5 min long.

The second shot fired with the gun causes both of them to fall down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33668550@N07/3139319352/

Post imported post

Her pistol was'nt loaded. If it had been the cartridges in the cylinder would've fallen out when she swung out the cylinder with the pistol angled up. But hey, it's Hollywierd.

III
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

At least she kept the muzzle pointed down range after it smacked her in the face.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.