• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need holster for XD 40

hammer6

imported post

hi all- search function wasn't working for me. i tried my best to answer my question, but couldn't get specific answer.

i have never participated in open carry, but will be soon. i would like a leather holster, preferably with a thumb break. OH- and i want a belt holster, OWB.

suggestions please? MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

MetalChris

imported post

I know you said you want a leather holster, but if you're not completely against Kydex I'd strongly recommend the Blackhawk SERPA. I use it with my XD-45 Service and it works great.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
I know you said you want a leather holster, but if you're not completely against Kydex I'd strongly recommend the Blackhawk SERPA. I use it with my XD-45 Service and it works great.

I second this as my friend has this holster for his XD40 and carries it both open and concealed (he is super skinny and can conceal easily.)

As for all leather, I am partial to Galco...

D53

imported post

I prefer the Blackhawk Serpa holster, but I made an impulse buy the other day for my XD40 5" Tactical and got the iTAC DEFENSE holster. It pretty much looks like a serpa with the level 2 retention snap. It doesn't look as sturdy as the Serpa but I have been trying to brake it with no luck yet. Here are some pics of it.

holster1.jpg

holster3.jpg

And this is the part I dont like is the connecting piece, its seems flimsy but so far I have yet to brake it. And the Sig Saur brand holster are the exact same thing.

holster2.jpg