Thread: car carry ?

Post imported post

In virginiaif you put your firearm on the dash or on the passanger seat does it have to be in a holster?

Post imported post

Nope, but it doesn't hurt to fix it so the fire armaloneor if in a holsteris secured in place so it doesn't fly around during an accident of when you slam on the brakes. Some people have rigged theirs in that type of manner or tucked it between the seats, sticking up out of thecenter consloe or between the console and seat (if a console exists) making sure the firearm is visible in all three cases.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

No

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Way to contribute[...]!!!

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Way to contribute[...]!!!
    The OP asked the question, I answered. There wasn't a follow up question or a discussion, simply one question. Go away Dougie.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    Nope, but it doesn't hurt to fix it so the fire armaloneor if in a holsteris secured in place so it doesn't fly around during an accident of when you slam on the brakes. Some people have rigged theirs in that type of manner or tucked it between the seats, sticking up out of thecenter consloe or between the console and seat (if a console exists) making sure the firearm is visible in all three cases.
    Excellent advice. I would only add that if you mount a holster to the top of the instrument panel be careful not to put it where it might obstruct the airbag system, or be launched by a firingairbag in an accident.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Dooooh! Man shot in face by airbag. Film at 11.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

I had a couple of picture up of a nylon strap & buckle I'd put around my front passenger seat.

It makes a great surrogate belt for driving.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.