• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pennsylvania Sheriff Seeks Dismissal Of $1 Million Federal Lawsuit Brought By Meleanie Hain

KansasMustang

imported post

Funny story, in relation, I was at a friends neighbor's house with him. The Neighbor was a County SWAT officer. He was talking of a particular case he'd worked and his wife said "Don't talk about that in front of the civilians". I looked up and told her "Lady YOU'RE the civilians, John and I are First Sergeants US ARMY" She gasped and stormed out.
Melanie,,go get em Darlin!!! you shoulda sued for 50 Mil and settled out of court for 30Mil.
And, as we all know the real deal. CRIME rates DROP overnight as soon as concealed carry laws are passed in states. When is the Brady bunch going to be made to tell the truth, course that'll never happen. Just like BHO and his regime will never tell the truth.

TFred

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
And, as we all know the real deal. CRIME rates DROP overnight as soon as concealed carry laws are passed in states. When is the Brady bunch going to be made to tell the truth, course that'll never happen. Just like BHO and his regime will never tell the truth.
I am no fan of Obama, so don't take this the wrong way... but please be careful with your choice of words. As we all know, words are very powerful, and the war of words is often more than half the battle. (I.E. "gun show loophole"...)

A "regime" is a form of government. Obama does not have a regime, he has an administration. We may not like his administration, or any of the people he brings alongside him to goven our country for the next four years, but the last I checked we were still mostly pleased with the form of government that our founders set up.

I've heard angry folks on the left use the term to describe the Bush administration as well, and I've pointed out their error. Of course, my points were ignored by them, but they weren't interested in truth, just angry sound bites...

For what it's worth...

TFred

KansasMustang

imported post

TFred wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
I am no fan of Obama, so don't take this the wrong way... but please be careful with your choice of words. As we all know, words are very powerful, and the war of words is often more than half the battle. (I.E. "gun show loophole"...)

A "regime" is a form of government. Obama does not have a regime, he has an administration. We may not like his administration, or any of the people he brings alongside him to goven our country for the next four years, but the last I checked we were still mostly pleased with the form of government that our founders set up.

I've heard angry folks on the left use the term to describe the Bush administration as well, and I've pointed out their error. Of course, my points were ignored by them, but they weren't interested in truth, just angry sound bites...

For what it's worth...

TFred
Tfred, I've heard it announced,,heard the sound bite, Nancy Pelosi I believe said it. That the far left wacko's are anxious for Obama to get in and RULE.
If that ain't a regime, I don't know what is.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
...the last I checked we were still mostly pleased with the form of government that our founders set up.
Speak for yourself.

I am certainly not "still" pleased with the corrupt, behemothic monstrosity our government has become.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Nancy Pelosi I believe said it. That the far left wacko's are anxious for Obama to get in and RULE.
Well, thankfully nothing Nanci Pelosi says is, or ever becomes true.

And besides, its not like Gee Dubya's administration would qualify any less as a "regime". So really, what we have here is just a "regime change".

Michigander

imported post

Repeater wrote:
News Release December 26, 2008:
It should be obvious to anyone that a civilian bringing an openly-carried, loaded semiautomatic weapon to a child’s soccer game poses a grave risk to the community,” said Daniel R. Vice, Senior Attorney at the Brady Center’s Legal Action Project.
Really painfully ignorant since the cops are also civilians.

I wonder if there is any way to sue for slander based on that comment. :cool:

KansasMustang

imported post

marshaul wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
Nancy Pelosi I believe said it. That the far left wacko's are anxious for Obama to get in and RULE.
Well, thankfully nothing Nanci Pelosi says is, or ever becomes true.

And besides, its not like Gee Dubya's administration would qualify any less as a "regime". So really, what we have here is just a "regime change".
A truer statement has never been made

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
I'm suprised that no one has called BS on this little gem:

"Studies show that laws allowing the carrying of concealed firearms have not reduced crime and, if anything, have increased violent crime, including murder and robbery."

Are they f-ing serious? What stats, reports, interviews, etc are they getting this crap from?

Go get'em Melanie!!! We're pulling for ya!!!!!!!

You know the old saying; "Figures dont lie but liers do figure."

And the Brady bunch is the biggest bunch of liers ever

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Studies show that laws allowing the carrying of concealed firearms have not reduced crime and, if anything, have increased violent crime, including murder and robbery.

Every study that I've seen has shown the exact opposite...

I suggest melanie now sue the brady organizers for calling her a danger to the public :D

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Studies show that laws restricting the carrying of firearms have not reduced crime and, if anything, have increased violent crime, including murder and robbery.

Fixed.

Funny how two words can change fallacy into fact.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
TFred wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

For what it's worth...

TFred
Tfred, I've heard it announced,,heard the sound bite, Nancy Pelosi I believe said it. That the far left wacko's are anxious for Obama to get in and RULE.
Valerie Jarrett, "close personal friend" and co-chair of the transition team, said on "Meet the Press" on Nov 9: "...it's important that President-elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule day one." (Reference here)

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ACEllis wrote:
Huck wrote:
"Every day, eight children and teens are shot and killed by a firearm and 48 more are wounded." More Brady Bunch bullcrap. no one is shot by firearms, they're shot by other people.

http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html

NOTE: Firearms Statistics Include Gang Warfare, Self Defense Shootings and Criminals Killed by Police 

I'm sure that if one excludes the deaths from gang warfare, self defense, and criminals killed by police that the number of "children" that die in firearms related incidents would be very small.

But hey libs, look at the greatest cause of death for children in the USA.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/747403

Since libs are the number one users of abortion as a means of birth control, who's the real murderers of children?

I'd feel that my kids were safer in the prescence of a honest citizen who's armed than around fetus murdering libbys.

III
I don't know how you managed to such a sharp turn, going on a tangent about abortion. I don't know anyone who loudly proclaims, "YAY! ABORTIONS!" And before you start throwing about ignorant words like "libs," keep in mind no one asks your political affiliation at the front door of the clinic. Its the lower class that can't afford to raise a child (or another or that matter) that is the demographic most entering those facilities.

The world we live in is rarely Black/White, Con/Lib, Right/Wrong. There is a huge spectrum of grays and blurred lines, and sometimes pink polka dots. Try not to paint your reality with such a broad brush, and expect everyone to agree with you.

But back to the topic at hand... Mark Twain had a cheeky quote that can apply to some of the practices of the Brady folks...

"There are three kinds of falsehoods: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

AC
Who's having abortions (income)?
Women with family incomes less than $15,000 obtain 28.7% of all abortions; Women with family incomes between $15,000 and $29,999 obtain 19.5%; Women with family incomes between $30,000 and $59,999 obtain 38.0%; Women with family incomes over $60,000 obtain 13.8%
Do the research first, it seems like its not the poor that are getting the most.Who's having abortions (age)?
52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25: Women aged 20-24 obtain 32% of all abortions; Teenagers obtain 20% and girls under 15 account for 1.2%
And to top it offNumber of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700
Thats the facts, so i would say it's not law abiding citizens carrying firearms that we have to worry about.