• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying problem

Hcidem

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Don't tell them you want to possess a firearm, tell them you want to vote.

Regards
That is...tell the lawyers this before they agree to take the case. I wouldn't limit the scope of your rights restoration since you might receive only that which you ask for.

Mule Skinner

imported post

I found a way to get around this dilema in Wa. state as to the strors that alow it or not. I have a belt buckle that has a .22 pistol in it that releases with a catch that the pressure of your stomach holds on it . Just one flip of the thumb and it is in your hand. It fires .22 LR and up to 50 feet is plenty acurate. To look at it it just looks liek a western buckle. But you are carrying it in the open.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Mule Skinner wrote:
I found a way to get around this dilema in Wa. state as to the strors that alow it or not. I have a belt buckle that has a .22 pistol in it that releases with a catch that the pressure of your stomach holds on it . Just one flip of the thumb and it is in your hand. It fires .22 LR and up to 50 feet is plenty acurate. To look at it it just looks liek a western buckle. But you are carrying it in the open.
That sounds like a neat setup, but if it's hidden behind the belt buckle, or is designed to look like a belt buckle would that mean it is concealed?

Still, I wouldn't mind having something like that as a BUG, if it were unobtrusive.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Mule Skinner wrote:
That sounds like a neat setup, but if it's hidden behind the belt buckle, or is designed to look like a belt buckle would that mean it is concealed?

Still, I wouldn't mind having something like that as a BUG, if it were unobtrusive.

In Virginia that buckle would be considered concealed carry. I suspect that is the case in many other states as well. THe reason is that it is designed to Conceal the nature of the firearm to the casual observer.

VIrginia 18.2-308

§ 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.
A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

Regards

Gordie

imported post

Mule Skinner wrote:

I wouldn't want to get caught with it ifI had a felony on my record. It could go from something that a lawyer could help out with in regards to foolish youth and moving violationsto a weapons conviction.

Mule Skinner wrote:

Look in the want adds for a rifle or some other private party then let your wife purchase one.

I found a way to get around this dilema in Wa. state as to the strors that alow it or not. I have a belt buckle that has a .22 pistol in it that releases with a catch that the pressure of your stomach holds on it .

Mule Skinner, why do you keep encouraging tensec340 to violate federal gun laws which could cause him to get a nasty weapons conviction on his record? Do you want to get him put away? If you are so on fire to get test cases before the courts, do it yourself.

Mule Skinner

imported post

Hey Gordy sorry about that. I posted that in the wrong place. I had two replys show up on my e-mail and I ment it to go on the discusion about open carry. No I wouldn't encourage anyone to blatently break the law. Espacially anyone living up there where theres a bunch of damnyankee liberals dictating when a man can fart.