• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there an Opencarry.org Chapter in San Diego,Ca?

mccrevasse

imported post

How,and where do I join? What is the criteria for new joining members? Fill me in with any other important pertinent details,if you can.I would greatly appreciate it.I also belong to the San Diego Minutemen,and I am sure that our members would be very interested in joining your organization.Thanks again to anybody who can provide feedback!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum.

opencarry.org is a fairly informal internet organization. Members are basically just forum members who do what they can to progress the right by writing to their state legislature, carrying openly as legally permissible in the state they are from, and meeting with other locals who are also forum members and other similar things. I believe there is also a facebook group that you can join too. Also, members here have helped the open carry movement by contributing money to causes, such as when members here raised money for billboards and other ads in Texas before this coming up legislative session.

Check out the California section of theforum. There are some California members here, and might be some in San Diego. Also, in that section, there are a few pamphlets that summarize the laws regarding open carry within California. (And unfortunately the laws in CA are not all that great.)

mccrevasse

imported post

Thanks for the info,Maximus.Greatly appreciated.LE is a bit different down here in San Diego.Also,being with a group such as the Minutemen,we will be treated as if we were "terrorists"......I kid you not! SDPD and Sheriff have a hard-on for the Minutemen down here. It is wrong.Completely.I am looking into other groups down here,other than the Minutemen,to take this on. Of course we will stand with them.One way or another,a stand must be taken.All,and any suggestions from you folks out there are definitely welcome.

jbone

imported post

mccrevasse wrote:
How,and where do I join? What is the criteria for new joining members? Fill me in with any other important pertinent details,if you can.I would greatly appreciate it.I also belong to the San Diego Minutemen,and I am sure that our members would be very interested in joining your organization.Thanks again to anybody who can provide feedback!

I saw in the California forum they had a meet in SD last summer.