• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

couple questions

r6-rider

imported post

first i need to put this stupid rumor to rest that all my friends seem to believe... you dont have to unload your pistol before putting it in the glove box correct? and yes its in a holster.

as for my questions - 1. is carrying a spare loaded mag in your pocket considered concealed? 2. is there any problem with setting your pistol on your passenger seat while driving (holstered or not)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You're 'friends' are mistaken. Loaded firearms amy be carried in glove box or center console (not under the seat). 'Doesn't matter where you have a loaded mag... this ain't Kommiefornia. Why place the weapon unsecured (anywhere)? Get a belt... get a holster that fits the belt... get a mag pouch that fits the belt. Put gun in holster... put on gun belt. Very simple. 'Do it every day. It's called open carry. Amazing concept.

r6-rider

imported post

yes, sadly enough this is ignorance at its best (and even sadder that one open carries)

the bs doesnt end there though, just last night one was trying to tell me that JHPs are illegal in phoenix because only FMJs are used for self defense and JHPs are meant to go through people...

TOF

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
yes, sadly enough this is ignorance at its best (and even sadder that one open carries)

the bs doesnt end there though, just last night one was trying to tell me that JHPs are illegal in phoenix because only FMJs are used for self defense and JHPs are meant to go through people...

They probably migrated here from New Jersey. That is the law there as stupid as it may sound.

We can only hope that new arrivals don't end up getting our laws changed to fit their last set of rules.

r6-rider

imported post

TOF wrote:
We can only hope that new arrivals don't end up getting our laws changed to fit their last set of rules.
defiantly. i had a funny run in last week. walking out of bank of america this woman walking toward me just froze and acted like she didnt know what to do. i just kind of looked at her funny and she goes "you cant have a gun in a bank!!! that has to be against the law" i just said "yes you can" and walked away. well before getting to my car i noticed the car she was driving had cali plates... hopefully shes just here for the holidays and never comes back to this "gun slingin town" haha but since then iv been carrying alot more to really give the tourists a good arizona experience

GWbiker

imported post

We can only hope that new arrivals don't end up getting our laws changed to fit their last set of rules

Joining the below listed organization is one way to prevent these "Carpetbaggers" from changing our rules......

http://www.azcdl.org/

protector84

imported post

What I find particularly stupid about these people is that they act like they are afraid of you because you have a gun and yetthey confront you about it. Now if you really were a dangerous criminal or some pyscho as they seem to worry about, why on earth would they want to set you off? Their own logic makes no sense.

r6-rider

imported post

haha good point. Thats a good question to ask them next time i run into another situation like this. Try to actually make them think for the first time in their lives and not just go by what "they" say or what they think is "normal"

r6-rider

imported post

so would it be ok to put my sidearm on the passenger seat while driving? it gets uncomfortable alot of the time when its in the holster so iv been putting it there when i drive then re-holstering it when i reach my destination

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I put my holster in the passenger seat when I drive. The seat belt rides over my side arm while on my hip. I got pulled over at check point and the officer seen it, I told him it was there, he waved me thru.

AZ is one of few states I've been in where the LEO's are very polite and knowledgeable of the state gun laws.

r6-rider

imported post

yea arizona is cool like that, thats pretty much the main reason why i moved down here actually.

just for the sake of knowledge, would it be legal to carry "mexican style" as in no holster with the gun tucked into your waistband (front or back side) on the outside of the shirt so its still open and visible

obviously it would attract alot of unnecessary attention but im just curious if its legal or not

AZkopper

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
yea arizona is cool like that, thats pretty much the main reason why i moved down here actually.

just for the sake of knowledge, would it be legal to carry "mexican style" as in no holster with the gun tucked into your waistband (front or back side) on the outside of the shirt so its still open and visible

obviously it would attract alot of unnecessary attention but im just curious if its legal or not

if it is in your back waistband, and you are sitting in your car, it is considered concealed.

Because of the Adams decision, open carry (on person) in a car might be considered concealed. It is best to just either a)have a ccw just for car carry purposes, b) keep it loaded in the glove box or center console, c) keep it loaded in a holster loose in the car, d) or just keep it loaded on the passenger seat.

The Adams decision screwed things up abit. I'm hoping that between AZCDL and new gov to be Brewer, we can get things legislatively straightend out.