• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

w07rolla

imported post

Jury trial date moved

So, I received a ticket for OC! Today I was stopped for OC, and when I was asked if I had a CC, I said I did. He then told me to cover it up. I refused, as it is my right to OC (as you all know). When he detained me I asked to speak to his SGT. The SGT came to the scene, said that they had every right to stop me because a store I pared in from of was robbed a few days ago (didnt know). However, that is not why I was originally stopped. In the end I received a ticket for OC, and they took my firearm!!

However, i am trying to keep positive

Last edited:

eBratt

imported post

I'm not sure what you are expecting for feedback besides a suggestion to get a lawyer. Not talking about it on here would also be prudent.

If you are looking for lawyer recommendations for down in your area, you should probably explicitly state that. I hope other readers can help with that.

Best of luck,
Ethan

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

JESUS CHRIST ON A FREAKING POGO STICK!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I need to know these officers are, NOW. I need you to scan this ticket and send it to me IMMEDIATELY!!!!

carhas0

imported post

w07rolla wrote:
I figured since other people share stories, I should.
In this case it might be wise to request a moderator to delete your story. It can be deceiving, but the "ticket" you got is essentially a notice to appear for the crime of "Unlawful Display of a Weapon," RCW 9.41.270. That is a criminal offense, a gross misdemeanor, to be specific and carries the added penalty of CPL revocation. This is much more serious than a traffic "ticket," which is simply a civil infraction. You may already be aware of all this, but I say it because you may not want any of the statements in your post to be used against you (in case they could be). I suggest the same thing as eBratt: find a lawyer. I, however, am not a lawyer and am just offering some friendly advice.

Edit: gross misdemeanor, not misdemeanor

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well you need to treat this situation with just a little bit more seriousness than just dismissing it. The officer just gave you an ticket for a gross misdemeanor that would get your CPL revoked and put you in jail for a year.

w07rolla

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Well you need to treat this situation with just a little bit more seriousness than just dismissing it.  The officer just gave you an ticket for a gross misdemeanor that would get your CPL revoked and put you in jail for a year.

I am serious, but doesn't mean I cant laugh a little. I have something serious I have to take care of, I know. Tomorrow, i am going to make some phone calls.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wow. Major suck. This should not have gone down like that. Lawyer up, I recommend Randy Loun (a quick google will get you his contact info in Bremerton)

One of several things will happen now. The prosecuting attorney may decide this is BS and drop the charge. You may have to lawyer up to get the charge dropped. If you lawyer up and have to go to court, odds are the judge will dismiss it. On the odd chance you lose the case (which is extremely unlikely) you will have to appeal, and you are nearly certain to win on appeal.

What you need to do. First off file complaints against all the officers, detail the laws you were not breaking, detail what you were doing, and provide copies of all existing training bulletins (except that POS from Spokane LOL) with your complaint. Clearly Cheney is behind the curve on this one, I don't think you would have gotten this treatment in Seattle even....

That said this will be a stressful and frustrating ordeal, but in the end you are bound to prevail if you stick to your guns so to speak.

Start out with the complaint process, and lawyering up. If you need funds for a lawyer I'm sure there would be no problems starting a collection for it and folks will contribute.

Odds are you will end up with a nice settlement out of court over this crap.

Good luck with this, and please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Steve

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Odds are you will end up with a nice settlement out of court over this crap.
+1, if you fight for it.

Regarding the OP; I agree that this is not funny. I understand you're trying to make light of a scary situation. If you feel comfortable doing so, talk to Lonnie via pm as he requested. If you do some research here you will find that he is a huge proponent of our rights.

Nwcdl.org has a few more lawyer's listed that you can call: http://nwcdl.org/FirearmLawyers.html

Good luck!

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

diesel556 wrote
. . . talk to Lonnie via pm as he requested.
I didn't see the initial post, but I do see that it has been deleted, which is wise for a matter that may likely end up in court. As this type of incident can happen to any of us, we should all remember that any communication via internet can usually be retrieved. As an example, text messages are sometimes pulled two or three years later as evidence.Idon'ttrust that there isn't a lasting record of PMs somewhere as that informationpasses through multiple servers, but I'm no expert on that.

I would recommend that in these matters that communication be limited to only FTF or phone conversations.

Gunslinger

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/open_carry_training_bulletins_washington.pdf
I have family in the WA area so I thought I should look it up for my own possible future benefit.
Excellent post, Hunter. This seems to be an open and shut example of malicious prosecution and illegal seizure of private property. You have an excellent civil case, W07. If the DA doesn't drop it, it will add dollars to your judgement, btw.

PolskiG

imported post

I wonder whats the big reason some people like me and others run into LEO and never get more than a second glance, friendly nod or even a high-five. If I may ask, a brief description of yourself;what kind of clothes were your wearing at the time? What kind of hair style? Your general age? Type of car? Race? I'm trying to figure out ifthe cops might simply be profiling you instead of dis-approving of yourOC. I've read stories here in the past of guyssaying thatcops arrested them but at the same time they were also wearing a black trench coat and on aHuffy-Bike or sporting long hair and leather jackets. Not that cops have a right tojudgeyouby what you look like but since theirall a mafia anywaythey;will, do, and continue too.Luckly"Hope and Change in 08" is coming so Obama and his Who-dens will save us all.

Edited for sexual content, nudity, langauge, and violence