• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Best of luck! Get a lawyer, talk with Lonnie, and let the group know if legal defense funds are required.

Once the "you've been a bad cop" letters start to roll in they will want to return your gun and let it blow over, if you apologize.

If your circumstances allow, please consider going after them legally all the way to a verdict.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
As an example, text messages are sometimes pulled two or three years later as evidence.Idon'ttrust that there isn't a lasting record of PMs somewhere as that informationpasses through multiple servers, but I'm no expert on that.

I would recommend that in these matters that communication be limited to only FTF or phone conversations.
Good point.

olypendrew

imported post

Virtually any sort of PM can be obtained with a search warrant. I have used SWs in the past to obtain all of the incoming and outgoing messages from a MySpace account to use in a criminal prosecution. Nothing is private on the internet.

jarhead1911A

imported post

MMMM this sounds very clsoe to what happened to me, forget randy laun there is a new guy on the board who is a lawyer he seems to actually wanna do his job, Id get them for every damn dime they got for what they have done.

I would also bring the media into this as its a well known legal fact OC is legal in this state and it would make for some harsh policy changes

w07rolla

imported post

I dont know how to say this other than, Thank you. Everyone has been so much help already! Come Monday, I am going to be prepared for everything, the PD, DA, attorney, and so on.

jddssc121

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
MMMM this sounds very clsoe to what happened to me, forget randy laun there is a new guy on the board who is a lawyer he seems to actually wanna do his job, Id get them for every damn dime they got for what they have done.

I would also bring the media into this as its a well known legal fact OC is legal in this state and it would make for some harsh policy changes
who's the new lawyer?

cynicist

imported post

Seems like a slam dunk from what I can tell, but I don't know what he wrote in the report.

A bit off topic, but that pdf on OC training states that someone cannot possess a silencer. Isn't the law (9.41.250) that we just can't USE one?

w07rolla

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
I wonder whats the big reason some people like me and others run into LEO and never get more than a second glance, friendly nod or even a high-five. If I may ask,  a brief description of yourself; what kind of clothes were your wearing at the time? What kind of hair style?  Your general age? Type of car? Race? I'm trying to figure out if the cops might simply be profiling you instead of dis-approving of your OC. I've read stories here in the past of guys saying that cops arrested them but at the same time they were also wearing a black trench coat and on a Huffy-Bike or sporting long hair and leather jackets. Not that cops have a right to judge you by what you look like but since their all a mafia anyway they; will, do, and continue too. Luckly "Hope and Change in 08" is coming so Obama and his Who-dens will save us all.

Edited for sexual content, nudity, langauge, and violence

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I am 21, white, with dark hair laid flat. I was wearing snow boots, jacket with a sweater underneath to keep warm.

SKSGuy

imported post

cynicist wrote:
Seems like a slam dunk from what I can tell, but I don't know what he wrote in the report.

A bit off topic, but that pdf on OC training states that someone cannot possess a silencer. Isn't the law (9.41.250) that we just can't USE one?
That is correct. You can purchase one but you cannot use it. Using it is a gross misdemeanor.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

SKSGuy wrote:
@ the op

You should read up on the legendary case of Jason Hartney & the city of Ellensburg, WA BEFORE going in to court on Monday.

Much more information can be found doing a quick search on google

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/opencarryellensburgva26may04.shtml

http://fishorman.blogspot.com/2005/12/judges-decision-is-in.html

http://fishorman.blogspot.com/2006/02/another-open-carry-incident.html

And the memorandum decision:

http://fishorman.blogspot.com/2005/12/actual-decision.html

w07rolla

imported post

Can someone please help me? I am looking for that law that says an officer can not perform a Terry stop because of an OC. I remember seeing it Saturday, but I cant seem to find it. Bleh

EDIT: Found this:

A mere report of a man with a gun is not grounds for a Terry stop. Florida v. J. L., 529 U.S. 266 (2000)

Josh

FishOrMan

imported post

Josh,

Just wanted you to know, you are supported!

Find it hard to believe that 19.41.270 hasn't been ruled Unconstitutional Vague when applied to someone peacefully open carrying. It is an enumerated Constitutionally protected right! No wonder Lonnie got so pissed. He's a great resource to have on your side.

And defending against the illegal Terry stop will probably only be an issue for appeal, (a good one too, but well down the line of issues to concern yourself with). You may politely bring it up with the prosecutor now, but they don't like your type, (defending liberty/exercising freedom), and might try extra hard to put you in your place. Judge likely won't even look at your motion to dismiss, (I know the lower court ones didn't look at mine), even though they turned out to be quite valid.

And be careful, they might claim having the CPL means you had the means to exercise that right without showing the gun. Judges seem to think shall not infringe means shall not totally infringe. Might want to have misremembered that you misplaced that little piece of paper, therefore you couldn't legally follow the officers request to conceal...

What's the point of waiting for the perfect case/time to rise up against this crap when we all know it will never come. It's been years since my case, so where's the SAF's response now?

Date? Time? Place? for court appearance?

You've got friends you never knew of.

FishOrMan

Triple Tap

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
Virtually any sort of PM can be obtained with a search warrant. I have used SWs in the past to obtain all of the incoming and outgoing messages from a MySpace account to use in a criminal prosecution. Nothing is private on the internet.
And another reason for using PgP. If you dont know what PgP is, it is a way of encryption of emails and such.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

FishOrMan wrote:
Josh,

Just wanted you to know, you are supported!

Find it hard to believe that 19.41.270 hasn't been ruled Unconstitutional Vague when applied to someone peacefully open carrying. It is an enumerated Constitutionally protected right! No wonder Lonnie got so pissed. He's a great resource to have on your side.

And defending against the illegal Terry stop will probably only be an issue for appeal, (a good one too, but well down the line of issues to concern yourself with). You may politely bring it up with the prosecutor now, but they don't like your type, (defending liberty/exercising freedom), and might try extra hard to put you in your place. Judge likely won't even look at your motion to dismiss, (I know the lower court ones didn't look at mine), even though they turned out to be quite valid.

And be careful, they might claim having the CPL means you had the means to exercise that right without showing the gun. Judges seem to think shall not infringe means shall not totally infringe. Might want to have misremembered that you misplaced that little piece of paper, therefore you couldn't legally follow the officers request to conceal...

What's the point of waiting for the perfect case/time to rise up against this crap when we all know it will never come. It's been years since my case, so where's the SAF's response now?

Date? Time? Place? for court appearance?

You've got friends you never knew of.

FishOrMan
Hello Jason, long time no see. SAF isn't working on this, however I am trying to work with the Prosecutors Office and getting a hold of Vancouver PD to try to get this ticket tossed.

UPDATE: It appears that they are saying "bring the materials to the arraignment". One thing also that needs to be gotten is State v. Casad.

-Lonnie

dt

imported post

Holy crud!

This is gonna cost Vancouver PD... I guess I'm assuming it was VPD...I hope the CC Sheriff's Dept. isn't this far in left field.

Please post any information you can, whatever won't put your case at risk.

Good luck, and please let us know of any public court appearances that we can attend.

When nathan was detained at Winco, I emailed CCSD and had a pretty good back-and-forth with one of their public relations deputies. If nothing else it seemed to make them sit back and think. Is there any reason I should refrain from emailing Vancouver PD in this case? I don't want to do anything that might hurt the legal response, but at the same time I'm PO'd enough to want to do something.