• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great deal at Fry's on a digital audio recorder (if you STILL don't have one)

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Alright guys, no more excuses if you don't currently own a recorder. I just purchased 2 of these bad boys from my local Fry's for only $79.99 each + tax out the door (one for me, and one for the wife). That's just about %50 off the normal price of $149.99. They had 4 rack's full of these at my store.

31Sz2DoatHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Link to the Fry's newspaper ad:

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com...-UX80-2GB-Flash-Memory-Digital-Voice-Recorder

Sonystyle Product Info:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665363914

The coolest thing about this device (besides the price) is the fact that you can turn off the red LED and LCD backlight using the menu! No spitwads, or black marker. It also fits great in my OWB magazine holster.

If any of you would like one of these, but live outside of Fry's geographic market PM me. I have paypal, and would be happy to pick one up for a fellow OCDO'er (passing on the cost + shipping of course).

Window_Seat

imported post

I am looking for one, and may pick this one up, but I particularly want one that can "instantly playback" anything I record. For example, I say something into the recorder, and I can instantly play that back right away instead of "rewinding", or whatever...

Erik.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well, this unit has a built in speaker, and a headphone jack. There is no requirement to rewind, as everything is digital.

You pick the specific recording that you would like to play based on date & time using the little thumb pad on the front of the device. In your case you would press record, then stop, then play, in that order. The previous recording would already be highlighted, so no need to fiddle around (I just tested it).

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Hey diesel, is this offer still available?

What kind of mic sensitivity does this have? Been able to test it out with it in your pocket or under layers of clothes?

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Shorts wrote:
Hey diesel, is this offer still available?

What kind of mic sensitivity does this have? Been able to test it out with it in your pocket or under layers of clothes?
I tested it out in a mag holster, under a light jacket. It was very easy to hear myself speaking, but difficult to hear others.

They do have a lapel mic if necessary.

As far as the offer still being available, I'm not sure. You can always print out the advertisement, and try to price match at another electronics store.